- Very good V8 soft-top XK8
- Less 63k miles from new
- Full service history
- Superbly presented low-mileage example
In many ways, the XK8 was the modern incarnation of the E-Type. Far more of a sports car than the XJS it replaced, the V8-powered coupé or convertible was a return to Jaguar’s pure performance car days, with terrific handling and drop-dead gorgeous looks.
It was based on a modified XJS platform, with brand new front suspension and the multi-link rear end from the X300 saloon, while the amazing styling (courtesy of Fergus Pollock) and brand-new V8 engine added further appeal.
There were echoes of the E-Type in the styling too, with distinctive side bulges and a long, rounded nose. Indeed, the E-Type parallels are gathering appeal among collectors, especially as a lot of earlier models have now disappeared. Demand for good examples has started to outstrip supply, meaning prices are on the up and the best cars – especially soft tops - are becoming increasingly popular.
THE HISTORY AND PAPERWORK
- Jaguar book pack and wallet
- Two sets of keys
- UK V5C
- MOT October 2023
- All minor MOT advisories addressed
- Fully stamped service book, most recently at 62,068 miles in November 2022 by a specialist dealer in Devon
- Selection of magazine features and books relevant to the model
- Supplied new in April 2002 by Grange Jaguar of Exeter
- Enthusiast-owned for several years
- Very well cared-for car, for sale as a result of bereavement
- Magnolia leather
- Light Walnut veneers
- Excellent leather seat facings, very minor patina to driver’s seat
- Very good rear seats, barely used
- Superb door cards
- Electric retractable roof
- Magnolia leather tonneau cover
- Optional part-wood steering wheel
- Electrically adjustable steering column
- Factory mats
- Cruise control
- Climate control
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Smart luggage area
- CD changer
- Original tools and space-saver spare wheel
- Platinum Silver Metallic
- Blue mohair soft top in perfect working order
- 19-inch five-spoke alloys in very good condition, recently refurbished and showing no kerb marks
- Matching Michelin Pilot Sport tyres all-round
- Appears very good underneath
- Panels are all straight and dent-free
- Excellent paint work with no notable chips, marks or scratches
- Rear arches and trailing edges of the sills are in excellent order
- Very minor scuffing to one door mirror
- 4.0-litre V8
- Five-speed auto transmission
- Recent service less than 400 miles ago
- Reported by the vendor to drive without fault
This is a really lovely, original and low-mileage example of the purest and most stylish XK8, in wonderful order and finished in a very pretty colour scheme.
The original XK8 is a car that’s only going one way, as have the XJS and E-Type before it. Good ones are cars worthy of collectors and are also increasingly sought-after as enjoyable, usable modern classics - fun to drive, roof up or down. Perfect for classic touring events or as something special for the weekend.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions