- Incredibly rare, as one of just 16 produced
- Runs & drives great, with no known faults
- Just 2 former keepers, and a mere 7,988 miles covered
- Ready to enjoy, with MOT until April 2024
Originally designed by GCS Hawke, and later re-modelled by BRA, the Leighton set to offer a truly performance-oriented experience, in classic tricycle form. The vehicle would utilize a lightweight space frame chassis to support Citroen 2CV running gear, whilst retaining its sleek GRP bodywork. As a result, the Leighton would receive tremendous praise for its styling, handling, and excellent power-to-weight ratio.
With a mere 16 total kits ever produced by BRA, this Leighton stands as a truly rare vehicle in today’s market, and would no doubt make a splendid collection piece, an exciting weekend toy, or even a retro track machine.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in September 2003
- Offered with just 7,988 miles on the clock
- Just 2 former keepers
- Acquired by the current keeper in November 2017
- Dry stored over the years
- V5C document present
- Comes ready to enjoy, with MOT until April 19th 2024
- Blue vinyl upholstery
- Features Smiths gauges
- Equipped with a Mountney three-spoke steering wheel
- Fitted with Brooklands aeroscreens
- Presented in excellent condition, with only slight signs of use and age
- Finished in a retro two-tone paint scheme, with Maserati badging
- Equipped with 15” steel wheels, complete with hub caps
- Presented in great overall condition, although professional paint correction would no doubt yield more impressive results
- Features a 602cc air-cooled flat-twin, and running gear from a 1987 Citroen 2CV
- Offers tremendous fun, with a thoroughly enjoyable exhaust note to suit
- Starts right away, and performs admirably with no known faults
- Recently serviced and fitted with a new battery and fuel line prior to its last MOT
- Ready to be enjoyed, with MOT until April 2024
This 2003 BRA Leighton offers an incredibly rare opportunity to obtain a highly praised three-wheeler kit car, capable of rather impressive performance. The vehicle runs & drives brilliantly, even down to the Citroen 2CV push-pull transmission, and will no doubt offer many more enjoyable miles for motoring enthusiasts and collectors alike.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions