- One of only 50 made – exclusive to the UK
- 4.2-litre supercharged V8
- Automatic transmission
- Extensive history file and service record
- 87,795 miles from new
Refined over the course of its production, by 2004 Jaguar’s XKR was a very handsome grand tourer, available with a truly potent supercharged V8 powertrain. At this time, Jaguar launched the UK-exclusive ‘Carbon Edition’, with just 100 examples to be built – 50 coupés and 50 convertibles. A truly exclusive machine at the time, they are even rarer and more collectible now.
This unmodified, factory specification example is one of the 50 coupés produced. It comes with an extensive service and maintenance record, having covered less than 88,000 miles in its lifetime. With a desirable specification, it’s the perfect car for a Jaguar enthusiast or collector, or indeed for anyone who just loves a powerful, stylish grand tourer.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in September 2004
- Seven owners from new
- One of just 50 coupé ‘Carbon Edition’ XKRs
- The MOT for this car expired in April 2023
- Just 87,795 miles from new
- Complete with two sets of keys and a comprehensive history file
- The service record shows 10 stamps, with the last at 71,688 miles in October 2017
- There is also an invoice for a service at 75,869 miles in February 2019
- Embossed and electrically adjustable Recaro sports seats
- Cream leather upholstery, all in good order, with some wear in evidence to the front seats commensurate with the car’s age and mileage
- Carbon fibre dashboard fascia and trim inlays
- Black carpeting with complementary black floor mats, all of which look to be in nice condition, with no notable wear or staining
- Heated front seats
- Premium Alpine stereo system with radio/cassette player
- Satellite navigation system
- Rear parking sensors
- Air conditioning
- Electric windows and door mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- The vendor reports no faults or issues with any of the cabin’s features
- Black paintwork presents well, with no major scuffs or blemishes that we could see
- The bodywork looks to be in fine fettle, with even panel gaps, smooth curves and no corrosion that we could discern
- All of the external trim and badging appears to be present, correct and free from damage
- We note from the history file that the near-side front fog lamp was replaced in January 2020, while the rear quarter-panels were repaired and resprayed in October 2019
- The car is riding on the correct 20-inch Sepang Performance R split-rim alloy wheels, which show in decent condition, with some light scuffs and a little evidence of kerbing to the rims
- The wheels are shod with a matched set of Pirelli tyres, which look to have good tread levels
- 4,196cc supercharged V8 engine, offering 400bhp and 408lb-ft
- Factory performance figures of 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds and a top speed of 155mph
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Adaptive cruise control
- CATS adaptive damping system
- The engine bay looks nice and clean, with no obvious issues
- In February 2021, the near-side rear wheel bearing and near side hand-brake cable were replaced
A handsome example of a rare and desirable special edition, presented with a comprehensive history file and below average mileage. With a hearty supercharged V8 and luxurious appointments, this could make for a very fine everyday sports car with genuine grand touring ability.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions