Vendor supplied images
- Miniscule mileage example
- Desirable colour scheme in excellent condition
- Rare four seater, twin turbo convertible
- The last of the fully hand-built Bentleys
- Maintained by Bentley dealers P & A Wood
Please note that this car is subject to a finance agreement
Seller has stated that this well be rectified for the new buyer
When you call your car after a particularly sun-drenched corner of France’s souther coast then it has a certain evocative style to live up to. And Bentley’s svelte Azure certainly did, offering a certain relaxed, louche style at one with the expensive yachts that its owners invariably enjoyed.
The second generation Azure was built on the relatively new Arnage platform and has the distinction of being one of the last fully hand-built Bentleys. Yet it cleverly blended the firm’s classic car building traditions with modern technology, including a sophisticated computer-controlled adaptive damping system that delivered a superlative ride.
As Bentley moved towards a more volume-orientated and sports-leaning feel, the Azure felt out of step and after three short years it was quietly dropped. Very expensive and clearly aimed at the most discerning buyers, it sold in very low volumes.
This beautiful Sequin Blue metallic example is a remarkable opportunity to buy a second generation Azure that is barely run in. It has covered less than 6,000 miles from new and presents in the sort of ‘as new’ condition you would expect. Few cars reward the owner quite like an Azure and this one looks particularly special.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered on 1st March 2007
- Current owner since 1st November 2022
- We are told that the car has been maintained by Bentley dealer P & A Wood
- 1 key with factory fob
- MOT to 6th December 2023 with no advisories
- The MOT history verifies the displayed mileage
- Never used in the rain and kept in a heated environment as part of a small collection
- Hand-crafted interior well specified in Oatmeal leather with Burr Walnut
- No obvious signs of wear reflecting very low mileage
- High specification car in standard condition
- Beluga carpet interior with lambswool overmats
- Electric heated massage seats with memory function
- Premium grade oatmeal leather seats and door trims
- Burr walnut veneer with bespoke centre console inlay
- Special order burr walnut and leather steering wheel
- Frame style inlays to dashboard and waistband veneers
- 12 disc Alpine premium sound system with remote operation
- Rear camera
- Drilled alloy pedals
- Phone preparation
- Power operated boot
- Satellite navigation#
- Cruise control
- Automatic lights and wipers
- Electrochromatic wing mirrors
- Heated rear glass
- Easy entry and exit wheel
- Parked car heating
- Knurled finish for chrome interior trim
- Parchment faced analogue dials
- Battery trickle charger
Evo magazine quipped that the Azure was a ‘two tonne sunbed’ and observing the interior of this magnificent example it is easy to see why. It oozes relaxation and comfort, perfectly executed to enable up to four people to relish the joy of sun-dappled, open top motoring.
This car has been particularly well specified in premium oatmeal leather with dark blue trim and burr walnut. As you would expect of such a low mileage example it is in virtually ‘as new’ condition, just some barely visible creasing to the front driver’s seat suggesting age. It betrays none of the usual indications of wear like wheel and seat sheen or scuffs to the switchgear and trim.
The sense of a carefully hand built luxury car is everywhere, from the beautifully executed burr walnut inlays, including a bespoke ‘Hafa’ (‘what’s up?’) scroll in the centre console, to the knurled finish to the chrome switchgear.
It is also drizzled in creature comforts including electric seats with massage settings. There is a high end Alpine stereo, sat nav, cruise control and electrochromatic wing mirrors amongst an array of convenience features.
- Desirable Sequin Blue metallic paintwork in virtually unmarked condition
- We are told that it has never been used in the rain
- Kept in a heated environment as part of a small collection
- Clean, straight panels with no visible dents or dings or even stone chips
- Optional 19inch factory 7-spoke alloy wheels in well kept condition
- Black mohair roof displaying good colour and clear glass rear screen
- Pirelli tyres fitted all round
- Xenon headlamps
- No structural advisories on latest or indeed any MOT
The long, handsome Azure bodywork seems to particularly suits certain colours and the Sequin Blue metallic of this car, as the photos show, is clearly one of them. It is a colour evocative of sunny blue skies and so very appropriate for such a sun-worshipping car.
This may be a 16 year old car but with such vanishingly low mileage it is not surprise that the bodywork is in very good condition. There are none of the stone chips or panel edge chips that you might expect from a car of this age. The only mark we could find was a small scratch on the lip of the offside rear arch, which would likely be an easy repair.
The car sits on optional 19in factory seven spoke alloy wheels which are very well kept. There is only some barely discernible kerbing to the vulnerable nearside front wheel to note. They are fitted with quality Pirelli rubber.
The black mohair roof is in very good condition with a clear, heated rear glass screen. We are told that it operates correctly, raising and lowering in mere seconds.
- Hand-built 6,761cc twin turbo Bentley V8 developing 450bhp
- 6spd ZF automatic gearbox
- 0-60mph in 5.9secs
- Rear wheel drive
- Maintained by Bentley main dealer P & A Wood
The second generation Azure was designed to accommodate BMW’s 4.4litre engine, but a spat with new owners Volkswagen led to the venerable 6.75litre V8 Bentley motor being put back into service. This was good news for buyers - extensively reworked and now equipped with two turbos, it gave buyers a fully hand-built Bentley experience from mechanicals to trim.
Bentley was usually shy of revealing performance figures for its models, but we do know that the Azure was good for 450bhp and the 60mph sprint in under 6secs. Prodigious performance for such a big car.
MOT records verify the exceptionally low mileage of this example. We are told that it has service history although at the time of writing we did not have sight of the maintenance records.
Motoring doesn’t get much more luxurious or indulgent than a Bentley Azure. Only a handful of buyers were lucky enough to buy the firm’s last fully hand-built convertible and, looking at this beautiful example, we certainly envy them.
Opportunities like this to buy an Azure that is barely run in must surely be even rarer. Very well presented with barely any wear over its beautiful specification, this will be a fantastic addition to any collection.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
✓ This vehicle is subject to third-party financing. The seller will clear all financing debts and associated costs on sale.
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
for specific rates.
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions