- Outstanding 4.8 litre V8 turbo model
- Rare and desirable colour scheme
- Incredibly high factory specification
A car that changed the face of Porsche, on paper, the brand responsible for the 911, Boxster, 928 and a horde of other excellent sports cars decision to start producing a luxury sports SUV was bold and in the eyes of some a little bit reckless. However what spawned as a result was far from it and remains to this day one of the all time best selling Porsches. The Cayenne showed that SUV practicality needn't come at the sacrifice of sporting capability and dynamic feel and could in fact all be wrapped in one excellent package.
An incredibly high specification turbo model, this 2008 Cayenne is one of the first to be fitted with the legendary and extensively improved 4.8 litre V8 engine and comes with a reported 20 thousand pounds worth of optional extras, making it quite possibly one of the best, and most interesting Cayennes on the market today.
If you’re in the market for a well performing sports SUV, it’s hard to ignore a Cayenne like this
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 30/11/2007
- Sold through Porsche Centre East London
- Comes with official Porsche service book
- Several stamped services by Porsche main dealers and independent specialists
- Two sets of keys
- MOT valid until April 2024
- V5 registration document present with the vehicle
- Well preserved high specification cabin
- Exceptional brown leather upholstery throughout
- Upgraded factory head unit and entertainment system
- BOSE sound system throughout
- DAB radio with USB and iPhone connectivity
- Brown leather seating front and rear, all of which is of a great standard exhibiting very little in the way of wear
- Four high quality door panels, all fitted with neat and smart door furniture and trim
- Speaker grilles on the aforementioned door panels have been subject to recent refurbishment
- The real party piece in the cabin has to be the Panoramic roof which can be set at different points or fully open or can be entirely covered
- All functions of the electric panoramic roof appear to be working correctly
- Spacious carpeted boot area within which is the factory tool kit and Porsche spare oil bag
- Interior wood finish trim is of an exceptional quality still boasting a wonderful shine
- Facelifted turbo model
- Excellent exterior styling which still looks modern today
- Deep navy blue paintwork in good overall form
- Some areas of scuffing and minor blemishing to be seen around the bodywork
- Rear tailgate spoiler in great shape
- Four great 21” Porsche alloys, all of which present well, with the front two having recently been refurbished
- Rear factory reverse camera situated in the tailgate
- Glass work, trim and badging all appear of a good quality
- Panel gaps are consistent throughout
- Rear parking sensors
- Gargantuan 4.8 litre V8 turbo V8 nestled under the bonnet
- Paired to an incredibly smooth automatic transmission
- In great mechanical order with an exceptionally clean engine and engine bay
- Fires into life comfortably, with a glorious V8 sound track bellowing from the rear quad exhausts
- MOT stretching into April 2024 for added mechanical peace of mind for the next owner
- Current owner reports of an excellent driving experience, balancing the comfort and practicality of an SUV
- New battery installed
In a world of bland SUVs, rife with plastic trim and the dynamic capability of a bank vault, the Porsche Cayenne shows that sometimes, the veterans do it best. Lavishly appointed, effortlessly quick and surprisingly fun when the roads get twisty, the Cayenne, especially in its turbo guise is a truly excellent performance piece.
With the later 4.8 V8 and just about every optional extra box ticked this 2008 Cayenne may well be the best of the bunch and lends itself perfectly to use as an exotic, quick but entirely usable daily driver or long distance mile muncher.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions