- Manual, turbo drivetrain
- Comprehensive history file
- Largely original
Saab’s 900 is a cult favourite for very good reason. Uniquely styled and exceptionally well engineered, they appeal to those who like to drive something a little different, but enjoy the restrained personality of Saab’s cars.
This particular 900 is presented in largely original condition, with a very detailed service and maintenance record. It’s in need of some restoration work, but would make for an excellent winter project - and at the end you’d have a fine example of one of the coolest cars of the 90s.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in June 1993
- 12 owners from new
- Current owner since 2017
- MOT until October 2022
- Full specialist service history - last service in September 2021 @ 152,815 miles
- Original owner’s manuals included
- Large file of previous MOTs and maintenance invoices
- Grey cloth upholstery
- Upholstery in good condition - some evidence of age-related wear
- Electric windows, door mirrors and sunroof
- Original Blaupunkt radio/cassette
- Grey carpets with rubber overmats, all in reasonable condition
- Grey carpet in boot area with some staining
- Spare wheel and toolkit present and correct
- Air-conditioning in need of re-gassing
- C-pillar trim and sunroof trim included but not fitted
- Headliner beginning to sag at the rear
- Gloss black paintwork
- Black painted steel wheels
- Tyres look to have good tread and appear in good condition
- Original 8-spoke alloy wheels included too
- External trim all present and correct, in decent condition for the age
- Rear foam-rubber spoiler appears in nice condition, with no sign of damage or cracking we could see
- Corrosion to the bonnet edges, including some holes on the driver’s side
- Lower portions of both doors corroded
- Significant corrosion to the sills
- Underneath appears largely solid, some corrosion evident on the tank straps, rear axle, rear anti-roll bar, exhaust and front bash guard
- 1,985cc 4-cylinder low pressure turbo
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Les Fjords lowering springs
- Original springs and a spare intercooler included
- Engine bay looks to be nice and tidy
- New front discs and pads about 1,000 miles ago
- Vendor informs us the car drives well, with no leaks, smoke or mechanical issues
We love a Saab, and the original 900 is one of our favourite models. Increasingly rare, these quirky but beautifully built machines are lovely to drive and make for excellent daily classics.
This example is in good mechanical condition, with a complete and original interior. With some bodywork and attention to the underside, we think this could soon be very smart indeed. If you're after a bit of a project for the winter, maybe to prepare for next year’s show season, this would be a great option.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
VAT will be added to the final bid or offer price as applicable. VAT will be added to the buyer’s deposit as applicable.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions