- Highly capable XK8 convertible in stand-out colour combination
- Phoenix Red with cream leather interior
- Non-runner will require engine work
- 4-litre V8 Jaguar engine
- Automatic gearbox with Jaguar J-Gate semi-automatic function
Jaguar enthusiasts had to wait a long time for a remake of the E Type but when it arrived in 1996 it was worth the wait. The svelte XK8 cleverly took design cues from Jaguar’s icon but blended them with a thoroughly modern approach to the job of long distance GT motoring.
The XK8 was available as a coupe and convertible, both with the firm’s new, silky-smooth 4litre V8 engine developing 290bhp in standard form.
This 2000 XK8 convertible has recently been imported from the USA with all documentation and import duties paid. The bodywork and interior are in generally very good condition, just a few minor issues detracting, so while this car is sold as a non-runner due to an engine fault, it looks like it could be the basis for a very sound, good value way into the multifold charms of XK8 ownership.
The History And Paperwork
- First registered in 2000
- 1 key
- EU import documents and duties paid
- Cream leather interior
- Small rear seats with seatbelts
- Dashboard veneers shaped like a Spitfire wing because XK8s were built in a Spitfire factory
- Attractive handcrafted wood veneers
- Electric heated front seats with lumbar adjustment
- Central infotainment system
- Climate control and cruise control
- Phoenix Red paintwork
- 18inch Jaguar alloy wheels
- Premium Bridgestone tyres fitted
- Electric convertible roof
- 3996cc V8 Jaguar engine
- 5spd ZF automatic gearbox
- Rear wheel drive
- Fuel injected, 290bhp output
- Disc brakes all round
- We understand that the car has an engine problem and does not run
The XK8 is a very accomplished drop top sports car that provides a distinct and characterful alternative to its rivals from Europe and the USA. Well appointed, very comfortable and quick it is fast becoming a desirable and very useable modern classic.
This XK8 presents well with generally straight, clean bodywork and a good interior. With the engine issues resolved it offers the buyer a relaxing, capable long distance convertible cruiser.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Shipping and transfer
Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased. Car & Classic may refer a shipping company that also deals with import/export paperwork. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders. For more details, email [email protected]
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions