A Bit of LZOC History...
The Lincoln-Zephyr Owners Club was formed in the New England area in 1968 as a national car club. Within a few years, its membership had grown to some 900 members in the U.S., Canada, and several other countries. The number has gradually increased to around 1,200. The reason the number remains fairly constant is that the LZOC has never expanded its field of interest as other clubs have done, and the number of these cars that survive is finite. Our single interest - cars based on the HV-12 engine - has helped us avoid the formation of "factions" within the club.
The LZOC encourages the preservation and restoration of the Lincoln Automobiles based on the 1936-1948 H-Series V-12 chassis.
These include Lincoln-Zephyrs of 1936-1942, Lincoln V-12's of 1946-1948, Lincoln Customs of 1941-1942, and Lincoln Continentals of 1940-1948. We carry out this mission by encouraging our members to exchange information about their cars, publishing a bi-monthly magazine, The Way of the Zephyr, holding meets (the "Gathering of the Faithful," sometimes referred to as "GOF"), publishing an authenticity manual, and researching the history of these fine cars.
The club magazine was published monthly for the first year and bi-monthly since then. We have never missed an issue.
The club has been fortunate in having strong leadership and direction. In 1989, the first regional chapter was established, encouraging more events at the local level and increased participation by the Faithful.