- Only two owners from new
- Comprehensively restored
- Fantastic condition throughout
Possibly the most quintessentially British car ever made and in the best colour, Old English White, this is a fantastic example of an easy to own, easy to drive classic. An instantly recognisable design that inspires nostalgia wherever they go, Morris Minors are a part of British history that we all love.
This car is in fantastic condition inside and out thanks to extensive restoration by the current owner. With only two owners from new, this provides a great opportunity to own one of these classic cars that looks great and is ready to enjoy on the open road. Don’t miss out, bid now for a chance to own this iconic car.
The History and Paperwork
- MOT history back to 1968
- MOT exempt
- V5 Present and correct
- All of the service history from the original owner who owned the car from new until 2014
- The seller tells us that a second hand speedo was fitted on 10 November 2014, with the old recording 62410miles. The new speedo reading was 81083miles and photos are provided to confirm. During current ownership the car has covered 2038 miles.
- Invoices for the extensive work carried out by Charles Ware on behalf of the current owner that includes the following; complete floor pan replacement, new sills, full exterior repaint in Old English White and a new headlining,
- Invoices documenting an engine rebuild in 1996
- Has covered only around 3,000 miles since engine rebuild, as documented by the MOTs
- Excellent condition throughout
- Fully repainted
- New carpets, seats, trim, door cards and headlining in 2014
- Trimmed in red which compliments the Old English White exterior perfectly
The interior of this Minor presents beautifully with the red of the carpets and seats perfectly complimenting the white exterior. Sliding in behind the large, open steering wheel you are instantly transported back in time. With soft comfy seats that few modern cars can rival, the interior of a Morris Minor will bring back fond memories for generations of people who grew up with these iconic cars.
The exceptional condition of the interior makes this car feel like it has just rolled out of the factory. The headlining is perfect, along with the door cards, carpets, dashboard and seats. The interior of this car is simply fantastic.
- Full respray in Old English White in 2014 by Charles Ware
- One minor scratch low down on a wing
- All the trim, light lenses, windows and badges present excellently
- Some very light patination visible of the brightwork
The shape of a Morris Minor is instantly recognisable and evokes memories of lazy Sunday afternoons spent in the sun. The Old English White paint with a red pinstripe is in fantastic condition, and combined with the excellent trim and brightwork this car looks simply gorgeous.
All four wheels present very well, with the trim, badges and brightwork in similarly excellent condition. The panel gaps look very good and the overall presentation of this Minor is fantastic.
- Extensive mechanical work carried out as part of the full restoration in 2014
- New floor pan and sills
- Fully waxoyled
- Recent new battery, starter motor and tyres
- The owner informs us that as part of the restoration he reground the valve seats and fitted a new head gasket
- Replacement gearbox fitted as part of the 2014 restoration
- Engine repainted in the original BMC green paint
- Engine bay presents excellently
- Invoices for the parts supplied to the current owner for the restoration that includes: a replacement gearbox from John Evans, brake pads, brake master cylinder, brake slave cylinders, front and rear shocks, steering rack, a full new interior and a new clutch and thrust bearing
As with the rest of the car the mechanics present very well. The engine bay was fully repainted during the restoration by the current owner and this along with the repainted engine make for an exceptionally fine looking engine bay. The owner informs us that the car has been kept garaged and never driven in the wet during his ownership and that it starts easily, runs well and drives brilliantly with no unwanted noises.
Please also be aware that the car was re- registered by Charles Ware after the rebuild. The original registration was WBL789.
This Morris Minor has certainly been a labour of love and the owner is reluctantly parting with it due to ill health. He hopes the car will go to a home where it will be fully appreciated. Having undergone a complete restoration in 2014 - and having been exceptionally well cared for since - this car is in fantastic condition inside and out and will make the new owner very happy.
Notice to bidders
Although every care is taken to ensure this listing is as factual and transparent as possible, all details within the listing are subject to the information provided to us by the seller. Car & Classic does not take responsibility for any information missing from the listing. Please ensure you are satisfied with the vehicle description and all information provided before placing a bid.
As is normal for most auctions, this vehicle is sold as seen, and therefore the Sale of Goods Act 1979 does not apply. All bids are legally binding once placed. Any winning bidder who withdraws from a sale, is subject to our bidders fee charge. Please see our FAQs and T&C's for further information. Viewings of vehicles are encouraged, but entirely at the seller's discretion.
Please see our FAQ's
and our Terms & Conditions