- Rare and highly desirable JCW WC50 version of the superb R56 MINI
- One of the best looking MINIs of its time, finished in exclusive Connaught Green metallic
- Hand-finished JCW one of just 250 produced
- Long list of unique WC50 features including carbon fittings, decals, cross spoke CHALLENGE alloy wheels
- 208bhp twin-scroll turbocharged engine based on the 2008 MINI CHALLENGE race cars
- Extensive service history including full service and timing belt change less than 1 month and 20 miles ago
- MOT expired but no reason to expect it would not pass with ease
For MINI enthusiasts who want a bit extra there are the JCW John Cooper Works versions that channel the energy of their namesake’s Formula One World Championship winning prowess. And then there is the WC50, a limited run of 250 models produced in 2010 that dialled up the drama even further.
Acclaimed by reviewers as the best looking MINI up to that point, the WC50 was built to mark Cooper’s championship win. Each car was taken off the line, painted in exclusive Connaught Green metallic - similar to Cooper’s winning car - and then hand-finished with bespoke equipment including carbon fibre fittings and unique decals.
This gorgeous car is one of those 250 WC50s. It is in excellent condition, the bodywork and interior virtually unmarked. There is a good history file that includes a full service and all-important timing belt change just 20 miles ago. Quick, capable and above all huge fun, this pretty car is surely one of the best hot hatches of the last 15 years and likely to deliver smiles by the mile to any new owner.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 22nd April 2010
- One of 250 WC50s built to commemorate John Cooper’s world championship win
- MOT expired 3rd December 2022
- MOT advisories from last MOT rectified by subsequent work in November 2021
- History file includes invoices for ongoing maintenance including service and timing belt change at 63,058 miles
- 4 owners from new
- High specification interior including carbon fibre front door grips and dashboard trim
- JCW signature plaque
- Multi-function JCW steering wheel with two-tone leather finish showing some wear typical of mileage
- Heated front seats
- Premium Harman Kardon sound system and navigation
- Bluetooth phone and audio system
- Comfort access
- Leather seats in very good condition, just some light creasing and sheen to be expected of mileage and age
- Light scuffs on paintwork of both door sills that may polish out
- Luggage cover appears to be missing
- Connaught Green metallic paintwork references Cooper’s championship winning car and is exclusive to the WC50
- Paintwork in very good condition with no obvious stone chips or deterioration
- Exclusive WC50 17inch cross spoke MINI Challenge alloy wheels in black and in unmarked condition
- Bi-Xenon headlights with extra driving lights
- JCW carbon fibre bonnet scoop, mirror caps, rear diffuser and tailgate handle
- JCW bonnet stripes
- Nexen 17inch tyres in very good condition
- Acclaimed by reviewers as one of the best looking MINIs to date
- 208bhp twin scroll turbocharged 1.6litre engine based on 2008 MINI CHallenger specification
- 6spd manual gearbox
- Sprots suspension with large sports brakes with red aluminium calipers
- Electronic Differential Lock control
- Last serviced 20 miles ago in April 2023
- Timing belt changed in April 2023
- MOT advisories rectified and car serviced in November 2021
- Clutch replaced in autumn 2019 at 54,138 miles
- Battery replaced autumn 2019
- Rear anti roll bars and service work in 2016 at 42,835 miles
The appeal of the BMW MINI is that, just like the original, it lends itself to improvement and personalisation. The WC50 is one of the rarest and most extreme factory-sanctioned evocations of that idea, a handsome and capable machine that was influenced by MINI Challenge racers and can trace its roots right back to Cooper’s racing days.
This WC50 is one of just 250 produced and is in excellent condition, its distinctive paintwork unmarked and its interior in very good condition. The service history supports the impression of careful, attentive owners and it comes fresh from that important timing belt change. This is a genuinely rare opportunity to buy one of the most desirable and distinctive R56s ever produced.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions