1969 Triumph TR6
Originally registered on the 4th of April 1969, reg no AWA 30G, originally in brown. 2. 5 straight six, 150 BHP Bosch fuel injection and overdrive. Seven previous owners and odometer showing 77782, although this cannot be authenticated and is unlikely correct. An owner’s file dating back to 1969 contains some MoT’s and all the named previous owners.
• Complete body/ chassis strip down with media blasting. Check all panels for damage and carry out remedial repairs/ replacement panels as required.
• Full preparation of body tub, inner/ outer, all panels etc and paint in factory original British Leyland Jasmin White and once fitted check full alignment to chassis. Rustproof all cavities.
• All engine and mechanical components stripped, checked for wear and either restored or replaced. On initial inspection the engine was very clean for its age. The drive-train alone looks stunning, and detailed correctly in every respect.
• Classic car 123 Classic Full electronic ignition system fitted.
Radiator re-core and fan shroud stripped and powder-coated. New fan hood added including additional Kenlowe thermostatically and manually operated electric fan.
• Suspension fully stripped. Shock Absorbers uprated to SPAX adjustable dampers, all bushes front/ rear replaced and upgrade to Polyurethane, all new joints/ bearings etc. All larger components painted/ powder-coated.
• Rebuilt braking system including new discs/ pads, calipers
brake master cylinder, servo and all necessary ancillaries.
• New clutch.
• New full stainless steel including twin rear pipe exhaust system.
• Bosch fuel injection cover repainted showing ‘Triumph’ logo in aluminium.
• All fuel lines, brake lines, hoses replaced.
• All new window rubbers, door seals etc
• All 1969 All front and rear bumpers left totally original
• New wiring loom.
• Replacement of all exterior/ interior lights with LED lighting, housing, gaskets etc.
• Aftermarket mesh radiator grill fitted, housing Dolomite Sprint LED main beam headlights. This can be removed easily and replaced by the original fitted 1969 grille (in original condition).
• Original 1969 5 x 15-inch steel wheels stripped and refurbished and fitted with new, period, Dunlop SP Sport tyres. The car is currently running on graphite ‘minilite’ style wheels with 4 (including spare) new 195x15 Continental tyres.
• Interior completely stripped, new carpets, seats (MX5). Original 1969 seats (fully reupholstered and restored to new condition). Original steering wheel replaced (available with the car) with new Moto-Lita leather trimmed steering wheel, and new satin finished wood dashboard (original available with the car).
• Rev counter and speedometer refurbished, as retro replacement. Now giving a true steady rev and speed reading. Interior dashboard dimming switch replaced with period, working, Smiths clock. RetroSounds LED radio, incl ipod/ Bluetooth/ handsfree (in centre console) connection.
• Replacement roof frame and all new mohair hood.
All new badges and decals. Original 1969 TR6 badged front grille also supplied.
• Hardwired Garmin satnav (can be easily removed) fitted in dashboard ashtray
Another classic Triumph TR6. Fully restored, by renowned, France based, former Royal Navy Marine Engineering officer Andrew Clemmitts stable.
Completed in Nov 2022. Invoicing for this period alone totals some £25k and walking around the car now, the quality of the restoration still amazes, panel gaps, paint finish, chrome work, interior, engine bay detail etc are all impeccable. Opening the door with the original door cards, rare these days, and stepping into the TR6; the driver is instantly taken back to classic motoring from the late 60's/ 70's, the beautiful new satin finished teak dash, switch-gear and full instrumentation give the driver an indication of the cars sporting intent. Starting the engine and the senses are heightened further, the 2. 5 litre engine bursts into life with its distinctive straight six rumble and on selecting gear and going up through the gearbox, finally enjoying the smooth overdrive the car pulls with a wave of torque that offers a wonderful driving and aural experience.
With its modern suspension upgrades too, the TR6 feels well connected to the road, there's no nasty scuttle shake or crashing on uneven surfaces, just a firm, well balanced ride and with her rebuilt braking system, the pedal feels reassuring too and in driving this TR for some time, you will certainly say this is one classic that feels that it could comfortably keep pace with modern motoring.
Finished in a subtle shade of British Leyland Old English Oxford Cream, this TR6 just oozes charm and quality. Impeccably restored and maintained since only 750 miles of dry motoring in and around the Pyrenean mountains (offering a strong file of associated history including names and addresses of all previous 7 owners), I can say this is one of the best TR6’s around today and will no doubt delight its new keeper for many years to come. Only 450 dry miles covered including first running in and oil service in Feb 2023. Mileage now states 78007 and odometer 700. French CT (MOT) passed for a further 5 yrs, no advisories. Car forms part of a collection. Original V5 and number plates available and would be a lovely drive back to the UK too exploring the delights of France on the way