Vendor supplied images
- Low mileage with attractive specification
- 12 Months MOT, 0 Advisories
- Full service history
- Superb, barely used condition
- Rare and sumptuous convertible four seater
The Phantom Drophead Coupe was a statement of intent. Under BMW control Rolls-Royce would reclaim its place at the very top of the motoring firmament as purveyor of the most luxurious cars in the world.
The new four seater convertible was hand-crafted, four wheeled jewellery as much as a mode of transport. At over $500,000 for the basic car, its price reflected its aspirations and the highly detailed construction. Just 200 left the Goodwood factory between 2008 and 2016.
This is one of the first cars, beautifully appointed in Metropolitan Blue over crème and with exceptionally low mileage. The full service history – by the factory and specialists – supports the impression of an impeccably maintained car that presents, 15 years on, much as it surely did the day it left the factory.
The History and Paperwork
- First UK registered on 1st March 2008
- 12 Months MOT, 0 Advisories and very few through MOT history
- Previously sold by the vendor and bought back for resale
- Face-lifted to 2015 model by Rolls Royce which includes facelift wheels, colour coded bonnet and window surrounds which costs in excess of £15,000
- For sale from a high end marque specialist
- Seven service stamps by Rolls-Royce and marque specialists
- Most recently serviced in June 2022
- 2 keys with fobs
- Tastefully appointed in Metropolitan Blue with crème leather and chrome alloys
- Remains in superb condition with no noticeable signs of age or wear
- Beautifully preserved interior with crème leather and blue highlights
- Acres of carefully inlaid teak veneer echo 60s speedboats by Riva
- Blue mohair roof in unmarked and uncreased condition
- Even retains its two chrome-handled Rolls-Royce umbrellas
- Two tone dashboard with blue leather above and crème leather knee roll
- Unmarked carpets through cabin and boot area
- Factory tool kit and first aid kit appear unused
- Classic design evokes 20s elegance with its rear hinged doors
High specification includes:
- Electrically operated Spirit of Ecstasy
- Heated seats with front electric operation and memory function
- Power closing doors with soft close function
- Cruise control
- Runflat Goodyear tyres
- Electric folding mirrors
- BMW iDrive system concealed in armrest with navigation
- High end Lexicom sound system
- Chromed 21in factory alloy wheels in unmarked condition
This car may be 15 years old and have covered – admittedly very low – 44,000 miles but you would be very hard pressed to know that by looking at it. The elegant lines retain a timeless, modern quality and even a close inspection of oft-used trim areas like the driver’s seat and steering wheel betray few if any signs of wear.
That is, of course, welcome but it surely this car’s tasteful specification that make it really stand out. The Metropolitan Blue over crème colour scheme, with subtle blue highlights inside, is enhanced by the purposeful and gleaming chrome 21in factory alloys.
This car has clearly been very well cared for and offers the buyer the chance to enjoy something very close to a new car experience.
- Super-smooth 6,749cc V12 engine
- Euro 4 compliant specification
- 6spd automatic gearbox with column shift
- Full service history with seven stamps from factory and specialists
- Most recently serviced in June 2022
- Previously sold by the vendor who has long experience of this car
The key to any Rolls-Royce is unruffled progress and the 6.7litre V12 beneath this car’s expansive bonnet surely fulfils that brief. It has covered a very low mileage yet comes with the reassurance of a full service history. There are seven stamps from the factory and marque specialists.
The car was previously sold by the vendor in 2017 before being bought back for resale. The seller is a high end marque specialist with considerable experience of these rarified cars.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check, to verify that they show no insurance database markers for damage or theft, and have no finance owing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection or delivery.