(UK/ European Delivery Available)
1995 Volvo 850 T-5R Estate in Black
From new, this car was built to offer 247 bhp and a 0-60 mph time of 6. 9 seconds. Maybe one of the reasons it was also very successful in Motorsport and under the control of Rickard Rydell and Jan Lammers, it enjoyed huge success in BTCC since 1994, when it was introduced.
A fantastic example of the extremely rare RHD Estate in Black, imported from Japan in 2017, at the time one of only 95 ever sold into the Japanese market. Organised by experienced importers, IGM Pedigree Cars of Cheshire and all paperwork completed, first UK registration from 1 January 2019.
Owned by current owner since May 2020 and only being offered for sale to help fund purchase of new Lotus Emira, lucky chap.
Included with the sale is a fully documented service history from the early Japanese owned years, fully stamped service books, together with an authorised translation of the service intervals and work completed to the point of import.
Since 2017, receipts for various work carried out - some routine servicing and many just an expression of the lavish lifestyle this car has lead, simply anything that needed doing, or precautionary, has been completed by experienced specialists, if not a Volvo Dealer.
Work includes, but not exclusively;
- MOT that expires 12/ 11/ 2023 with no advisories (a full 12 months is offered on completion of sale).
- 06/ 04/ 2023 - Full Service with engine flush, new link rod fitted
- 12/ 1/ 2023 - Complete Overhaul and Rebuild of Automatic Gearbox at cost of c £4, 750
- 2/ 11/ 2022 - Brake hoses & fluid replaced
- 9/ 5/ 2022 - Cam Belt & Water Pump replaced
- 22/ 12/ 2021 - Power Steering Service, replacing pipes where necessary
- 16/ 7/ 2021 - Full Service including gearbox oil replacement
- 15/ 12/ 2020 - Alloy Wheels Full Face Repair and refinished, balanced
- 29/ 8/ 2020 - Front Brakes replaced, Air Con Compressor replaced
- 06/ 07/ 2020 - Thermostat and coolant replaced, New Alpine DAB Head unit fitted
- 01/ 06/ 2020 - Full Service, 4 wheel alignment, Lambda sensor replaced, rear discs, pads and calipers replaced.
As with any car that is 28 years old, there are imperfections. Here are those that we are aware of and possibly being over zealous but we would prefer you to know anyway:
- The odometer can sometimes stop working - it is known that the true total km is around 181, 000km, rather than the 173, 000 shown.
- Some wear to interior, some cracking of leather sections of seats and a couple of minor blemishes of the veneer on the dashboard.
- The original Volvo head unit and CD Autochanger will be supplied with the car, decision was taken to install a more modern Alpine DAB and BT compatible unit.
- some lacquer wear on roof above drivers door but no rust.
- minor imperfections on bodywork, in keeping with the age.
- due to some years in the intense heat of Japan, the lacquer on the bonnet had started to peel. It has been removed to reveal an unblemished and rust free semi matt coat of paint that is in keeping with a more modern look. We will happily have the bonnet refinished with lacquer, if you prefer.
- similarly there is a small area of bubbling of the lacquer on the room near side front between top edge of windscreen and roof rails - please see last photo of the exterior.
The Volvo 850 T-5R is truly a modern day classic, with startling performance and the discreet pedigree that makes it a real "wolf in sheep's clothing". This car functions as both a sensible family estate car - carrying luggage, kids and dogs, or a make a bit more progress vehicle that oozes power and charm which makes it a very practical and useable classic.
This particular car has featured in April 2020 edition of Modern Classics, a copy will be included with the sale.
Famously, this actual car was the star of the show and driven by the actor Paul Kaye in the Netflix series, "The Stranger". Wow what a legacy and what a legend!
This car is ready to be driven away and will allow you to enjoy many years of active motoring with something that is both practical and subtly very powerful, if you need it to be.
We are able to arrange UK and European delivery of this vehicle, at the new owners expense. Please send address details and we will happily provide an estimate.
Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions, request further photos or to arrange a test drive.
- Excellent example of this rare motoring icon
- Amazingly full service and care record
- Beautiful and yet practical estate car that oozes charm