***Vendor supplied images***
- Impressive TA14 ‘Special’ in an attractive white livery
- Based upon a TA14 and built by Racing Green Engineering LTD in 2012
- 3.0.L 6-cylinder engine from the Alvis TC, with an Alvis TD cylinder head
Alvis introduced the TA14 in 1946 - their first post-war car - and managed to prove they were nothing if not resilient. Their entire factory had been destroyed six years prior, but they were - it seems - dedicated to pulling up bootstraps and getting back to it as soon as victory was declared in Europe.
This example of the car has been built upon to create a highly evocative racer, inspired by the golden age of 1930s track sports. It comes to us in simply excellent order. With its low weight and clever custom engine providing remarkable performance.
The History and Paperwork
- Originally built as a standard TA14 in 1950
- In 2012 the car was taken to Racing Green Engineering LTD
- This is a top-notch pre-war and custom car company
- The Alvis 3.0L Special is one of their 9 custom cars available
- The car is currently carrying a German registration
- We understand the car to come with an extensive history file, including:
- A record of the car’s custom build
- Modern rebuilt and retrimmed interior
- Evocative 1930s styling throughout
- As you’d expect for a racing evocation, everything here is very lightweight
- Black leather seats with matching door cards
- Door cards are complete with envelope pockets
- Seats are in excellent order with very little sign of use
- The car’s dashboard is very nicely set with replica period styling
- The dash also carries a large KM/H dial and a Halder Twinmaster trip counter
- We particularly note the impressive steering wheel which completes the car admirably
- The rear storage space is very nicely kept
- The car appears to be very little used since rebuild and presents beautifully
Built to evoke the golden age of racing, this ‘Special’ carries a resplendent period cabin that looks the part. Lightweight, with minimal instrumentation and no real options to speak of, it’s a sensible cabin for the would-be racer, kept in superb fettle with little to no signs of wear across the board.
- Highly impressive 1930s evocation
- Lightweight aluminium bodywork
- Specially-designed tubular frame
- Impressive white paintwork
- Period features including exposed side-mounted exhaust and spare wheel
- The car looks practically unused post-rebuild with excellent fettle throughout
- As you’d expect from a car of this design, there’s very little glasswork to speak of
- However, what is present is in excellent order throughout
- The trims and contrasting features are all in good order
- We note the Gran Premio Nuvolari stickers from 2012 and 2017
- Complete with a full black tonneau cover
- The car is sat on a full set of vintage-style contrasting black 18” wire wheels
- 18 x 6.00 tyres in very good order, looking very little used
- Underneath, the car looks practically new with no significant wear to be seen
You’d be forgiven for believing this was an authentic 30s racer at first glance. Beautifully presented, with a lightweight aluminium body shell and a tubular frame, this car is built to provide incredible performance that provides fast, sure-footed performance - while evoking the racing specials of famous European marques.
- 3.0L Alvis six-cylinder engine from the immediate post-war TC
- This is mated to a TD cylinder head
- The car also carries 3 SU carburettors
- Straight-through exhaust system
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Upgraded front-and-rear road springs
- Mechanical front brakes with rear drums
- Everything looks in superb fettle with very little signs of use
With its clever custom engine assembly, this car is powered by an impressive custom job taken from Alvis’s finest period stock. The result is a car that offers a unique, winning character all of its own - perfect for rally use and eminently usable.
There’s no way around it - this is a rare beast. From its impressive Alvis roots to its impeccable, precision-engineered modern form, we rarely see a special of this stature at Car and Classic - and we think it’s guaranteed to turn plenty of heads.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.,