- Unmodified and factory spec
- Increasingly rare and sought after 'hot hatch'
- ASI certified
- Revisione to February 2024
- Turbocharged engine
- Haldex AWD drivetrain
In the late 90s and early 00s, hot hatches were undergoing some revolutionary changes. Turbocharged engines and all-wheel drive systems were becoming more commonplace in hatchbacks, and the level of performance on offer increased year on year.
One of the heroes of the era was the first generation Audi S3. With a beefy 20-valve, 1.8-litre, turbocharged engine driving all four wheels, its performance was way ahead of many contemporary rivals.
Here we have an example that has been carefully returned to factory specification, presenting in unmodified condition. With good, original examples of these becoming very hard to find, this is a great opportunity to acquire this very usable, powerful retro classic.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in December 2000
- Five owners from new
- Current owner since February 2020
- Italian registration documents
- Revisione to February 2024
- ASI certified
- Original owner’s handbooks included
- Black leather upholstery is generally in good order, with some light signs of use to the Recaro branded sports seats, and a small patch of more significant wear to the passenger seat outer squab
- The vendor tells us that they have had the headlining replaced, as well as having the fabric sections of the door cards retrimmed
- Grey carpets and matched floor mats present well, with no staining or damage we could see
- Electric windows and door mirrors
- Original Audi ‘Concert’ radio/cassette system
- Heated front seats
- Air conditioning
- The trim and switchgear is generally in good condition, with some light signs of wear
- The boot is very tidy, and contains a spacesaver spare wheel
- We’re informed by the vendor that all of the cabin’s features function as they should, with no issues reported
- Smart black paintwork is in nice condition, with some areas having received fresh paint as needed to keep the vehicle looking its best
- There are a few minor marks and blemishes to the paint
- The vendor reports a small dent to the driver’s side rear quarter
- New LED headlights have been installed
- We noted a scuff to the driver’s side of the front bumper, next to the number plate, as well as a chip to the passenger side fog light surround
- The trim and badging all appears to be intact and in reasonably good order, with some fading and wear showing on some of the badging
- Underneath, the car looks very clean indeed, with no corrosion or damage we could discern
- The wheels are the factory option 14-soke, 17-inch items and present very well, with some small kerb marks to the rims of a couple of the wheels
- A matched set of new Vredestein tyres was fitted in May 2022
- 20-valve, 1.8-litre, turbocharged engine offering up 210hp
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Haldex all-wheel-drive system
- Unmodified, factory specification
- We’re informed that much work has been carried out in the last two years, including: new OEM turbo new brake discs and pads all round, new dampers, new piston rings, cambelt and water pump
- The vendor assures us that the car runs perfectly, handling well and with no leaks, smoke or other mechanical problems
To find an early S3 in such good condition, especially for it to be unmodified too, is very unusual.
Which makes this handsome performance car quite a special thing. This could well be a future classic, and we think it could well be a very fine purchase indeed.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.