Welcome to the advert of 'Rosie' (RO51), my beloved ULEZ Compliant Oxford Green II E39 Sport Touring. I don't want to sound cliché but I really don't want to sell this car but needs must. It is the longest I've owned a car and this truly is a reluctant sale. I'm moving to the coast where it's all permit parking so having 3 cars isn't viable, and I've started a job with a company car meaning having 3 cars also isn't viable. (I'm also selling my Volvo C30 for reference, link below)
I've had many E39s over the years, have never bought them as daily drivers but as an enthusiasts car as a true E39 fan. When I purchased Rosie I owned a Montreal Blau 528i which I loved and definitely didn't need to nor should of bought another, however when I saw her in all her Oxford over tan glory I literally couldn't stop myself.
She is a beautiful honest and mechanically sound example. She has so much provenance (pictured) including but not limited to:
- Unopened first aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Working built in Motorola flip phone
- All original booklets and ancillaries
- 6 CD Changer
She's had thousands spent on her in my ownership. (All history pictured)
I have made only a couple of tasteful, understated modifications that I'm sure purists will be a fan of:
- Removed awful blacked out window tints
- Replaced aluminum interior veneers for wood, far more befitting of this classic specification
- Replaced front kidneys for full chrome rather than part chrome examples (from factory only 8cyl E39s has chrome slats)
The car has some really rare specification such as but not limited too:
- Sliding boot floor, can slide the floor all the way out for practicality or to use as a seat (This is SO rare)
- Satellite navigation with Trafficmaster
- Built in Motorola flip phone
She is mechanically sound, honest and reliable example. She does have a couple of faults, but none that a true enthusiast couldn't easily sort (I literally don't have the time, working 11hr days all week) and all parts to resolve said faults are included in the sale. These include:
- Power steering pump (She groans when steering, a fluid top up cures this however I've ordered a new pump, pictured)
- Blower not working, resistor already replaced and has such been diagnosed as the HVAC unit, replacement ordered (pictured)
- ABS light on (Common fault) Front speed sensor replaced, rear provided with car
- Bonnet latch not working (common fault) haven't sourced this part but they're about £15/£20 on eBay, only went a week or so ago so just haven't got around to ordering it.
- Small amount of rust on OS rear arch, has always just been bubbling but the morons at Audi jet washed that area exposing the rust
Other than that, she's a beautiful example of an exceptionally rare specification that's ULEZ compliant and a joy to drive.
She MUST go to an enthusiast and someone that's going to cherish her and do the few little bits to return her to glory. Without wishing to come across bad, I will be picky and won't let her go to someone that's going to run her into the ground or turn it into a drift machine etc.
MOT Runs out end of February
Viewings can take place any day after 7pm
Recommend trailer the car away due to the steering groaning but It can and will drive fine other than this.
* I will only take a deposit to reserve the car in exceptional circumstances*