Photos provided by the vendor
- Light restoration project with plenty of potential
- Powerful inline-six petrol engine
- Manual transmission
- All-wheel drive with low-ratio
An evolution of the classic CJ-1 Willys Jeep, the CJ-5 continued the brand’s tradition of being eminently capable off-road and hugely robust. But it added a splash of style to that, creating something that was perfect for those who sought adventures off the beaten track, or simply wanted a stylish Jeep to cruise about town in.
This example has been imported from Quebec and, with its hearty inline-six motor and smart open-top styling, would be a wonderful machine to rumble about in this summer. In need of some light restoration and a little reassembly following its import, we think this charming off-roader is a sure-fire winner with bags of potential.
The History and Paperwork
- 1976MY vehicle
- Supplied new to Canada
- Imported from Quebec
- Resident in France – purchased by the vendor in November 2017
- Always dry stored indoors
- 83,455 miles on a five-figure odometer
- The vendor notes that the 846A certificate is complete (import duties and taxes paid)
- Four seat layout, with two front seats and a rear bench
- Upholstery is in need of retrimming, particularly to the front seats
- Classically spartan Jeep interior – ideal for off-roading and easy to clean
- A full complement of gauges and switchgear, presenting with a light patina
- Large, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Some refinishing is needed in regard to the cabin’s trim elements
- Fibreglass body and bonnet, steel front wings, all sat on a steel frame
- Smart dark blue paintwork suits the car well and appears to be in good order
- Black and stainless external trim, showing in fine fettle with no major damage we could discern
- Chunky, body-coloured rollover frame
- The vendor notes that the headlights and hood frame require refitting
- While the hood material is not present, the removable side screens are
- Underneath, the frame appears to be solid, with some surface corrosion in places
- Smart set of chrome finish wheels, shod in a matched set of Cooper A/T tyres
- Inline-six petrol engine, believed to be the AMC 232ci (3.8-litre)
- Manual transmission
- All-wheel drive with low range transfer case
- The fuel tank, air cleaner, intake manifold, carburettor, brakes and various hoses will require refitting but are all supplied
- We’re informed by the vendor that the engine runs well
Whether you’re looking for a suitably tough off-roader, a dependable 4x4 or just a fun, open-top vehicle to enjoy the summer in, the CJ-5 is a great choice. This tidy example just needs some light restoration work and could soon be something very charming indeed.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased. Car & Classic may refer a shipping company that also deals with import/export paperwork. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions