- An original, well presented and very usable example
- Complete with French registration and FFVE paperwork
- In very good overall condition, both mechanically and cosmetically
If we were to narrow down the most important cars of all time, the Citroën 2CV would of course rank very highly indeed. It was the car that put war-torn rural France on four wheels and pioneered a number of new technologies in engine design and suspension.
This 1978 2CV 4 Special is a particularly fine, original example that’s clearly received a lot of care over the years. Resplendent in orange and black, it certainly looks the part, and the vendor informs us that it drives very well indeed. In present ownership for the past two years, the car has reportedly been garage stored in Paris and therefore is nicely preserved out of the elements.
Complete with valid French registration and FFVE paperwork, this classic Citroën is ready to enjoy.
The History and Paperwork
- Acquired from Normandy in 2021 from a gentleman who had had it for a very long time
- Previously stored in a garage with supporting maintenance invoice
- Service carried out two years ago
- A technical inspection was carried out a week ago.
- In current ownership it has lived in a secure garage in Paris
- Technical inspection valid until 08/20/2028
- Accompanied by various items of French registration paperwork
- Original and in great shape for its age
- Black vinyl upholstery exhibiting little in the way of wear
- Retains the correct rubber mats on the floor which are only lightly worn
- A cover has been added to the steering wheel
- The dashboard looks to be in great shape
- We understand all to be in good working order so far as the vendor is aware
- The boot is nicely presented and complete with spare wheel
- Two-tone orange and black paintwork
- Fantastic overall condition with just a few small blemishes including the odd scratch
- Various stickers have been added to cover a couple of marks
- Some ‘orange peel’ to the paint in places, although it’s very smart overall
- Straight bodywork, with no notable damage
- The underside presents well with a smattering of surface corrosion
- All the trim, glass and badging appears in good order
- Light patination to the bumpers
- Spare headlamp provided
- 435 cc air-cooled parallel-twin
- Four-speed manual gearbox
- Last serviced when the vendor acquired the car
- Requires lead substitute when adding unleaded petrol (some provided with the car)
- Fitted with five horns! (recently replaced)
- Recently renewed technical inspection
- The vendor adds that sometimes the idle speed needs adjusting as the engine cuts out when stationary on occasion
There should be room reserved in every collection for a 2CV. This well presented example is ready to go with its fresh technical inspection and is sure to make all those who encounter it smile from ear to ear.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions