***Vendor supplied images***
- Superb example of the legendary ‘Big Healey’
- 2.9L C-Series I6 powerplant with 4-speed manual transmission
- Plenty of work undertaken since 2017
Often seen as one of the ultimate British Roadsters, the BJ8 is a sonorous piece of machinery that defies expectations. With their attractive curvy bodywork and impressive performance, these were cars that held their own incredibly well against what seemed to be a golden age for the British sports car - and continue to be clamoured for today.
Originally built for the US market, this example carries an English White livery with sensible upgrades - such as a high-performance radiator and a stainless steel Moss exhaust system.
The History and Paperwork
- Built in 1964 at Austin-Healey’s Abingdon plant
- Originally painted in black and bound for the USA
- At a stage later in the car’s life it was imported to Europe
- Now carries a Belgian registration
- From 2017 onwards the car underwent some substantial work
- This included:
- Overhaul of the brakes
- Overhaul of the gearbox
- Installation of a high-performance radiator
- Installation of a stainless steel Moss exhaust system
- The car is now painted in Old English White
- The vendor informs us that this car is a matching numbers example
- Currently indicates 08,600km on a five-figure odometer
- Sadly we can’t verify this as a true reflection of mileage
- Paperwork file includes:
- British Motor Industry Heritage Trust certificate
- A selection of invoices
- Impressive blue leather interior
- This car has been retrimmed from its original red upholstery
- Burr walnut dashboard panels
- All original instruments still in situ
- The car’s original radio is still in place
- All instruments are clean and easy to read
- We’ve not been informed of any technical faults on the dash
- Steering wheel looks in good order, as does the shiftgear
- The seats and door cards are in good condition with no rips or tears
- Carpets look in good order with no significant wear and tear
- Boot is clean and well-kept and looks very solid
Impressively appointed in a stylish leather, with burr walnut panels and original instruments, this BJ8 boasts a cossetting cabin that acts as a perfect time capsule - an evocative piece of escapism to the golden age of the British roadster.
- Impressive curvy bodywork with iconic grille and scoop
- The car’s panel fit is tightly-knit and in good order
- Bodywork looks in good order with no significant dents or dings
- Old English White livery, repainted from the car’s original black
- The paintwork is in good order with very few signs of wear
- Chromework contrasts nicely with plenty of shine
- Austin-Healey branding is in good order throughout
- Glasswork and lenses in very good order
- Black fabric soft top in good order
- The car is sitting on its original wire-spoke wheels
- Shod in a full set of Vredestein tyres
- Underside is in good order with only light signs of wear
- The new Moss exhaust is particularly bright
Having been repainted from its original colour scheme, this Big Healey is a real looker in Old English White. With those iconic grilles and vents creating a sporty, attractive - yet quintessentially charming - facade, there are very few British classics that can hold a candle to this one for sheer aesthetics.
Beautifully presented, this example is a superb one, in fine fettle with good clean paintwork and a solid chassis.
- 2.9L C-Series I6 powerplant
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Fitted with an upgraded performance radiator
- Moss stainless steel exhaust system
- Overhauled in 2017
- Engine bay looks in good order
- We’ve no reports of any leaks, knocks, bangs or smoke
Sonorous, powerful, and capable of holding its own admirably on the road, the C-Series I6 is still a very respected powerplant - and, coupled with the well-regarded handling of this excellent British classic, should prove to be a very rewarding purchase.
Put simply, this car is a superb prospect.
Beautifully presented from soft-top to tyres, this gleaming white MK3 is bound to attract plenty of attention. Offering a fantastic overall package, a beautiful interior and winning aesthetics, this is bound to attract lots of admiring glances.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.,