- Comprehensive recent restoration
- Excellent restored bodywork with new period correct Coral Red paint-job
- Original plates
- Just three owners from new
- Flawless upholstery
- A rare and special version of the most famous Italian small car
Increasingly loved and collected, the Fiat 500 is supported by a thriving enthusiasts' scene and is celebrated by countless clubs all over the world.
Its rare special versions are particularly sought after and have been of the greatest importance in the development and transformation of Italy.
Built by Autobianchi from 1968 to 1977, the small but very practical Giardiniera station wagon was based on the pleasant Fiat 500 Giardiniera from which it differed in some details, such as the opening rear windows and the black air intakes on the rear pillars and retained the peculiar rear-hinged doors of the first Fiat 500s and the large and practical side-hinged tailgate.
This particular 1974 Giardiniera is in excellent shape, having just received a comprehensive professional restoration which included a full repaint in bright Coral Red colour and overhauled engine and mechanicals.
Inside, the restored cabin shows the pleasant old-style dashboard from the 500 F and R with a single big round Veglia Borletti gauge in very good condition, simple and pleasant original seats and practical and durable rubber full carpeting.
With just three careful and passionate owners from new and still equipped with its original number plates, this Giardiniera presents in very good condition and is ready to become a faithful and versatile companion for a savvy enthusiast, willing to revive the unforgettable atmosphere of sixties and seventies Italy.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1974
- Italian registration documents
- MOT valid until 2025
- Original plates
- Three owners from new
- Recent comprehensive restoration
Having just received a comprehensive full restoration, this Giardiniera is in excellent, remarkably fresh condition.
It comes with its valid Italian registration document “Libretto di circolazione” and just renewed MOT.
The original plates represent a nice addition, which together with the recent new vivid period correct Rosso Corallo paint and with the very clean and original cabin grant an absolutely authentic appearance.
- Flawless original seats and door cards
- Restored dashboard and instrument cluster
- New rubber carpeting
- All seals in very good condition
- New canvas full-length sunroof
- Restored brightwork and switchgear
- In unblemished freshly restored condition
- Recently repainted in period correct Coral Red colour
- Front and rear bumpers and all exterior trim in very good condition
- Coral Red wheels with chrome-plated hubcaps
- New canvas full-length sunroof
- Clear and undamaged windshield and windows
- Perfect headlights, taillights and indicators
- All brightwork, lettering and emblems restored
- Rear-hinged doors
- Thoroughly overhauled 499cc 17,5cv horizontally mounted inline-twin air-cooled engine
- Comprehensively restored driving train
- Four speed gearbox
- New oil seals, filters and spark plugs
- No leaks whatsoever
- Lights, electrical system and all ancillaries in perfect working order
- New tyres
Rare, practical and irresistibly cute, the 500 Giardiniera has always been highly sought after by the fans of the smallest Fiats.
This specific example, particularly interesting due to its rare Autobianchi branding, is in very good condition and ready to go and does not require any further work.
Fresh from a thorough and competent restoration and coming with its original plates, it represents a wonderful opportunity to get behind the wheel of a car that will attract attention and sympathy wherever it goes, offering lots of careless fun and practicality.
The great availability of spare parts and know-how enjoyed by the Fiat 500 will make owning it even easier and more pleasant.
BEFORE YOU BUY
This sale is subject to the Car & Classic Terms and Conditions. By bidding and/or making an offer, you also agree to the following:
If the seller is registered as a private seller
, consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. Car & Classic’s return policy
A non-refundable deposit
will be payable if you are the winning bidder at auction or if your offer is accepted, refer to FAQs
✓ This vehicle is “Sold As Seen”, on an “As Is, Where Is’ basis and without warranty. A full inspection of the vehicle prior to purchase and bidding is highly recommended. Photos and descriptions are for guidance purposes only.
✓ VAT is included in the buyer's deposit. VAT may or may not be included in the final bid or offer price, as specified in the listing.
✓ Buyers are responsible for vehicle collection
or delivery. Importing vehicles may result in additional customs duties and import taxes. On request, Car & Classic may refer you to a third-party shipping company. For more details, email [email protected]
. Prices start at €150+VAT within the same country or €400+VAT for moves across borders.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions