**Please note that these photographs have been supplied by the vendor **
- Highly impressive Ford Model ‘A’
- Older restoration, completed around 20 years ago
- Registered in Spain as a historic vehicle since 2009
- Previously based in Uruguay
- Has been unused for some time, but does start and run
Introduced in 1927, the Ford Model A was one of the most successful cars of its era - and the replacement for the venerable Model T. It was a simply built, easily-customised little car that came in just about every shape and body style that the public was after - indeed, they even saw use as railway locomotives and snowmobiles.
This example was restored by a previous owner in Uruguay some twenty years ago, with great care to keep it in a sharp, period-accurate condition. The result is a stylish, coach-lined, leather-seated brown veteran that really looks the part.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1929
- Restored circa 2003 in Uruguay
- Imported to Spain in 2009 and registered as a historic vehicle
- ITV expired in 2014
- The car has been stood static for some time and will need a service
- Indicates 04,416 miles on a five-figure odometer
- Sadly this can’t be verified, and odometers of the era aren’t particularly accurate
- Beautifully presented leather seats with a gorgeous vintage patina
- Seats are free of rips and tears
- Door cards and interior trim are in good order with only light wear
- Dashboard presents well with a central shared binnacle, which appears in good order
- As expected with a vehicle of this one’s age, only basic instrumentation is provided
- Steering wheel presents well with a corrosion-free column
- Handbrake, stick shift and pedals present well with no issues
- Carpets are worn, but do suit the cabin’s patina nicely
- The soft-top is clear to see, but we’re unaware of its condition when unfolded
- Impressive veteran bodywork with period styling
- Bodywork looks to be in good order with no faults we can highlight
- Deep brown paintwork carries some chips and marks with age
- Brightwork still presents nicely with a pleasant smattering of wear
- Distinctive grill and hood ornament presents well
- Glasswork and lenses look in good order, with light fogging on the headlights
- Bumpers are in good order with patina
- To the rear, the car is carrying a covered spare wheel and an identifying nameplate
- Car is sat on its original ‘carriage-spoke’ wheels with no faults we can spot
- Two of the tyres to the rear look very perished and will need replacement
- Underneath, the car shows some wear and paint loss, but is still in fine fettle
- Powered by what appears to be a period-accurate Ford L-head I4 engine
- 3-speed sliding-mesh manual transmission
- Engine bay is in fair order though could use some attention
- The car is reportedly starting and running, but hasn’t been fully inspected
- We’ve been informed of no specific faults to the car’s operation
A beautiful survivor of Ford’s second major success - the Ford Model A is still a highly desirable piece of automotive history, and this one is sure to be a real head turner after a bit of mechanical attention.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions