- Delivery mileage example of rare 916 SPS in Carl Fogarty Replica specification
- One of only 202 produced by Ducati exclusively for UK market
- Presented in stunning almost as-new condition and coming from a garaged collection
- Signed by Carl Fogarty
On its arrival in 1994, the Ducati 916 immediately caught the attention of the world’s public. Heralded upon its release as one of the most beautiful bikes in the world, the 916 also was a technical tour de force, managing to secure World Superbike Championship victories an impressive 4 times between 1994 and 1998.
Undergoing a process of continual development and refinement, keeping Ducati at the top of the superbike tree, the 916 reached its ultimate roadgoing iteration in 1997 with the release of the 916 SPS (Sport Production Special).
Featuring a bored out engine now offering a capacity of 996cc, the 916 SPS delivered exceptional performance with its V-twin engine now capable of taking the bike to 60 MPH in around 3 seconds and a top speed in excess of 160 MPH.
Built in 1998 to celebrate Carl Fogarty’s Championship winning success, the 916 SPS Carl Fogarty Replica represents the ultimate iteration of the ultimate 916. Featuring a number of unique elements above and beyond that of the standard 916 SPS, the Carl Fogarty Replica is truly the model even fan aspires to own.
Presented here in stunning virtually as new condition, this particular example has covered only a mere 324 miles in its 25 years. In current ownership as part of an extensive well garaged collection, this particular 916 SPS Fogarty Replica now presents a unique opportunity to acquire a piece of important superbike history.
The History and Paperwork
- V5 present
- MOT expired 09/03/2022, no advisories noted on last test
- Currently registered as SORN’d
- Original Owner’s manual and book pack
- Service stamp January 2017 for full service and belt change
- Pre-delivery inspection report from October 2018 confirming oil and belt change at that time
- Letter from Ducati UK confirming specification and build date
- Photographs of Carl Fogarty signing the front of the bike
- Original boxed presentation plaque confirming unique bike number of 185 / 202
- 2 sets of keys and Fogarty race chip
- Supplied with additional original Fogarty replica equipment including cover and racing exhaust and paddock stand
- Presented in fabulous almost as-new condition commensurate with its delivery mileage
- Great looking 916 SPS body decked out in full Carl Fogarty racing decals
- Supplied with original 916 SPS Carl Fogarty accessories
Massimo Tamburini’s 916 has always considered to be one of world’s most beautiful ever superbikes and even today you can see its on-going influence in current designs. Featuring a chrome-molly trellis frame, aggressive lines and no-compromise riding position, the 916 has always been just about one thing - pure performance.
Decked out here in full racing livery, this 916SPS celebrates the achievement Carl Fogarty and the Ducati racing team, who brought home the World Championship an impressive total of 4 times between 1994 and 1998.
Also featuring the fantastic additions of light weight forged Marchesini wheels, carbon fibre seat unit and swing arm protector and colour-matched mirrors, this 916 SPS Fogarty Replica truly is something special to behold.
Presented in a stunning condition commensurate with its 324 miles and careful storage under current ownership since 2018, this particular bike presents in a virtually as-new condition. Indeed, the only deviation from total originality we can see is the addition of a signature by the great man himself, the moment captured in a great set of photographs also provided with the bike.
- Ultimate iteration of the 916 road bike lineage producing maximum power and performance
- A superb and unrivalled analogue sports bike riding experience
- Documentation detailing previous servicing including oil and belt changes despite minimal mileage
The 916 SPS was the ultimate iteration of the 916 model which brought not only increased engine capacity but also a raft of other significant improvements and upgrades.
With capacity increased to 996cc and featuring a new cylinder head design, the 916 SPS could deliver astonishing performance over and above its earlier incarnations. The result was a pure uncompromising riding experience, with the 916 SPS delivering a great analogue mechanical feel unincumbered by modern complications such as traction control.
These attributes were taken even further with the Carl Fogarty model as offered here, with the engine being offered in a higher state of tune and altered fuel mapping leading to even greater performance.
Featuring racing mechanicals such as titanium con-rods and a close ratio gearbox and powerful Brembo brakes along with other upgrades like a Termignoni exhaust system, there is no doubting the performance capabilities of this bike.
Offered here in a truly remarkable condition, the 916 SPS Fogarty Replica represents the ultimate iteration of ultimate 916. Coming from cherished storage as part of collection, this 916 SPS Fogarty Replica now offers the fantastic opportunity to acquire what must be of the best examples currently available.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.