Vendor supplied images
- Nicely presented E-type in a metallic grey livery
- Heavily modified, with a widened body and new drivetrain
- 4.2L XK I6 powerplant with 5-speed manual transmission
- Complete with air conditioning and power steering
With its impeccable aesthetics, impressive performance - and its sheer legacy in the motoring world - there aren’t many motors with the legendary status of the Jaguar E-Type. It’s still a car that demands attention, still turns heads on the road, and still surprises with its ability to cut through highways like a hot knife through butter.
This example, resplendent in a shining silver, is a particularly engaging example - with an enormous raft of upgrades putting it in simply exceptional stead. With a wide body, five-speed transmission and a raft of creature comforts, this is a superb car through and through.
The History and Paperwork
- We’ve not been informed of many specifics regarding this car’s history
- Built in 1966 at Jaguar’s Coventry plant
- In 2018, it was subject to a comprehensive modification programme
- This included:
- Wider body shell
- Upgraded drivetrain
- Overhauled 4.2L XK engine
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Installation of power steering
- Installation of air conditioning
- We’re informed this came to a total of 175,000 euros
- We’re informed that the car has all invoices from the works undertaken
- We’ve also been informed that the car’s work is recorded in a photobook
- Impressive black interior
- High-backed leather seats
- Upholstery is in excellent order with no rips or tears
- Door cards are clean and well-presented
- Dashboard is in good condition with original instruments in situ
- All options are reportedly working well
- This includes the newly installed air-conditioning and power steering
- The car is carrying a stylish wood-trimmed steering wheel in good order
- Carpets and headlining in very good condition with no significant wear
- Boot space is clean and well-kept with no faults we can spot
Beautifully presented through and through, this restored interior is a handsome-looking cabin that acts as the perfect ambassador for the E-type’s famous array of tactile switches and neatly organised dials.
With plush, well-kept seats and superb carpeting and headlining, it’s a highly-presented array that’s been beautifully kept - and improved only further with its air-conditioning unit.
It’s a simply excellent example - and one that’s bound to attract attention from any Jaguar enthusiast.
- Specially customised with a wider body
- Exceptional Malcolm Sayer design fully intact - just larger
- Excellent panel fit with no unseemly gaps, dents or dings
- Beautiful silver paintwork free of chips or scratches
- Trims present well with a bright contrast across the board
- All glasswork and lenses in very good condition with no chips or cracks
- The car is sat on a stylish set of grey-blue wheels, which really suit the car
- Shod in a full set of Maxxis tyres, which look in excellent order
- We understand the car to have a good, solid chassis
The wide-body modification of this car is immediately noticeable - and, to our eyes, really suits the car. All of those essential curves and smooth shapes of the Sayer design are still present and correct, simply wrapping around the car a little more than its original shell.
Everything is in fine fettle - these modifications were only carried out in 2018, and it’s clearly been very well looked after since. The car is sat on a stylish set of nicely-matched up wheels, the glasswork is all in good order, and every part of the body is still tightly-knit and free of cracks.
- 4.2L Jaguar XK I6 powerplant
- 5-speed manual transmission, fitted in 2018
- Engine was overhauled during rebuilt and equipped with a trio of Weber carbs
- Engine bay is absolutely resplendent and looks barely used
- We’re informed that the car is in excellent order and ready to drive away
It’s rare we see any engine bay look quite as good as this one. Beautifully presented with clean metal, a shining head and gleaming Weber carbs, everything here is nicely organised and perfectly cossetted.
With the desirable 5-speed upgrade, this Jaguar is performing even better than it did when fresh out of Coventry - and is sure to impress even the most discerning Jaguar enthusiast.
Simply remarkable through and through, this customised British classic is the perfect ambassador to the legendary ‘Big Cat’. Thoughtfully customised, with extra features and a desirable gearbox upgrade, this wide-bodied E-Type should impress any enthusiast.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.