- Low mileage and only 1 owner from new
- Iconic 6L V12 engine
- Desirable custom numberplate included
For many, the DB9 is regarded as one of Aston Martin's best. A coupé boasting timeless styling and coupled with their glorious 6L V12 engine, it's easy to see why the production ran for some 14 years. Built on Aston's first generation VH platform, even by today's standard the DB9 has no problem turning heads.
The DB9 made use of an aluminium and composite material chassis, giving for added torsional rigidity while also reducing weight over its predecessors. This reduction in weight, coupled with the V12 up front gives for impressive performance figures; a top speed of 186mph with 0-60mph only taking 5.1 seconds. The DB9 certainly doesn't have any trouble holding its own against more modern equivalents and all while offering 4 seats and adequate boot space!
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 19/05/2005
- Only 1 owner from new
- MOT until 28/04/2024
- Full service history, majority main dealer with a few independent invoices
- Owners guide present and in very good condition
- Service booked stamped from PDI up until 2016 / 25,577 miles
- Vehicle has been stored in a ventilated Carcoon and garaged when not in use
- Selling as current owner no longer uses enough
- Less than 1000 miles covered in the last 3 years
- New battery fitted 04/2023
- Front and rear brakes serviced in 2019
- Serviced in 2018 at 28,548 miles
- Current owner reports the rear windscreen shattered several years ago and was repaired by Chiltern Aston Martin
- Tyre pump in new condition included in the boot
- Aftermarket DAB1001 radio fitted and included with vehicle
- Car is fitted with Vodafone Automotive tracking system. Buyer responsible to place contract with supplier.
- Car generally stored in garage when not in use and for last several years has been stored within a ventilated Carcoon tent.
- Obsidian / Sandstorm leather interior remains in very good condition
- DAB1001 radio fitted and functioning
- Alcantara head lining in very good condition
- Walnut wood veneer
This DB9 was very thoughtfully configured from new; the beige leather interior remains in very good condition overall. There is some light marking to the driver’s seat bolster and 1 very small tear, all other seats are free from any rips or tears and remain in very good condition. The current owner advises he has maintained the leather using proprietary cleaning and maintenance products. The carpets are present and remain in good condition throughout. Both front seats have the added luxury of being heated if so desired.
There is some noticeable wear on the wooden trim surrounding the satellite navigation screen, this should be rectified easily if so desired by the new owner. The boot remains in excellent condition with Aston Martin branded carpets, SmarTire pressure monitoring system and a tyre pump in new condition.
- Original Onyx Black paintwork remains in good to very good condition throughout
- Original 19-inch alloys in good to very good condition
- Matching Bridgestone Potenza tyres with fair tread
- Brightwork in excellent condition throughout
The original black paintwork of this DB9 has evidently been looked after. It remains in very good condition with some small paint chips around the front bumper in keeping with the age and mileage. There is some very small paint bubbling present around the off side rear wheel arch. The brightwork, badges and glass all remain in excellent condition throughout.
There is some light marking to the near side rear quarter paintwork but appears to be superficial. The original 19-inch alloys have been well looked around with some slight scuffing present only on both front wheels. This example also offers desirable drilled and vented brake discs on all four corners. A special mention is also deserved for the iconic front grille, which remains in excellent condition and free from any corrosion.
- Wonderful sounding 6L V12 engine
- Automatic gearbox with paddle shifters
- Engine bay in good, clean and tidy condition
Boasting Aston Martin's legendary 6L V12 engine, this DB9 starts on the button and produces a symphonic soundtrack. This example has received regular servicing throughout its life, a testament to the current owners' care and affection, which is backed up by the thorough service history. The current owner advises the car drives and stops at it should, well and in a straight line.
The engine bay and underside both remain in a very good condition, both clean and tidy. Having covered under 34,000 miles in 18 years and a service at 28,548 miles, this DB9 has many more miles left to cover. The current owner has thoroughly cherished this vehicle which can be seen in its mechanical condition, it's clear no expense has been spared when maintaining this truly stunning coupé.
Designed by Ian Callum and Henrik Fisker, the styling of Aston Martin's DB9 is still as eye catching today as it was on its release. A well-rounded grand tourer coupé meant it rightfully received a lengthy production run. This example was bought brand new in 2005 by the current owner, a vehicle which has been cherished dearly throughout the ownership.
As well as boasting 1 owner from new, this DB9 is also a low mileage example for the age and also possesses a thorough service history, proof that no expense was spared when maintaining this glorious vehicle. Now comes the time for this very desirable DB9 to be equally enjoyed in its next chapter of life, a wonderful opportunity arises for anyone in the market hoping to find a truly gorgeous coupé, by none other than Aston Martin.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.