£7,500 As stated
|Price||£7,500 As stated|
|Ad Type||For Sale|
Seller's phone number is protected behind a forwarding service
1991 Renault Clio 1. 8 16v - CUP RACE CAR
1995 Renault Clio 1. 8 16v - Donor Road Car
The Race Car....
I’ve owned this car for 10yrs now, it has been an on and off project as and when time has allowed with a big spur over 2020 during covid but unfortunately I have made the very difficult decision to sell the car along with a donor 1. 8 16v and an extensive list of spares to complete the restoration.
This car competed during in the 90’s Elf Oils Renault Clio UK CUP, it was owned and driven by Bill Marks as one of the three cars run by Mark Fish Motorsport under car No. 14. The car was originally in 449 Blue during 1991 season but later became the Pink shade it still wears today with the other two Mark Fish cars later following suit. After the UK Clio CUP finished in 1995 my car was sold to a Ron Field who competed in the Super Coupe Cup, the car was then later owned by private owners competing in the odd event and track days.
There are only two Mark Fish cars remaining now, my car and one remaining in a private collection, the third car was written off during the 1995 season at Snetterton.
During the tail end of 2020 I managed to find an extremely experienced and very well recommended classic car restoration business local to me, over the course of two months along with a few bits and bobs I had the following carried out….
• Mounted to a jig and all measurements checked to ensure the shell was straight and true
• 2 x New Sills from Carz2 and fabricated to fit the 16v body
• 2 x Genuine Renault Front Jacking Points
• Steering Column Mounting Bracket Repaired and Reinforced
The sills and jacking points were carried out due to damage from years of the car being jacked up, this car has never been used on the road so does not suffer from any rust.
The car is now ready for a bodyshop to sort any dents/ scrapes and paint the car, the inside has already been sanded down and prepared for paint.
So, what is included in the sale?
The shell as it currently sits has the following fitted….
• Ph1 Bonnet (bonnet pin holes all done)
• OS & NS Doors
• OS & NS Wings
• Front & Rear Bumpers
• CUP/ Williams Front Subframe (Seam Welded & Strengthened)
• CUP Rear Beam with Hard Brake Lines & Braided Lines still fitted
• Ph2 1. 8 16v Alloys (Tyres do de-flate)
• OS & NS Headlamps inc Hockey Sticks
• Original Manual Steering Rack
I have the following original parts/ spares to go with the car, there will be other bits and bobs that belong to the car that will also be included but these are the main bits….
• Original Fuel Tank inc a fibreglass protection cover
• Original Main Brake Lines inc load valve
• Original Scuttle inc Cut Offs for Electric & Extinguisher
• Original Manual Steering Column
• Original Roof Trims
• Original Window/ Door/ Boot Seals
• Original DEVIL 6-Point Roll Cage inc Rear Strut Bar
• Original Dashboard & Top
• Original Loom
• Original Heater Matrix
• Original Boot Trim
• Original Phase 1 Mirror Caps in Pink
• Original Front & Rear Calipers
• Original Clio CUP deCarbon Coupe Suspension
• Original Locks/ Barrels/ Key/ Door Handles etc….
• Original Rear Lights (Scintex)
• FULLY REBUILT Genuine Clio CUP 1. 8 16v engine (not original to this car)
• Genuine Clio CUP Gearbox to match above engine
• 4 x Genuine Clio CUP Alloys with correct markings
• Phase 1 Dial Set (Orange Needles)
• 2 x Clio CUP Front Bumpers (Damaged) – Garage Wall Art?
• 1 x OSF Pink Wing (Cracked) – Garage Wall Art?
• 1 x Powerflow Stainless Steel Exhaust System inc Decat
The Road Donor Clio 1. 8 16v....
I have had this car about 10yrs now, however the car has sat untouched in the warehouse at my work since then, I have now brought the car home ready to sell.
I did get the car running before I purchased it but since then I have not run the car as I’m unaware when the cambelt was carried out. On buying the car the carpet was soaked from the sunroof leaking so I removed the seats, carpet and binned the underlay/ sound deadening.
Missing from the car.
Front & Rear Seats
Passenger Door Card
Underlay/ Sound Deadening
Brief details on the car….
Registered 20/ 06/ 1995
7 Former Keepers
Magnex Stainless Steel Exhaust
Clio Williams Front Subframe
CUP Racer Rear Beam - as per a previous owner
Poly Dogbone Mount
The car does have a few light modifications (suspension, brakes) but I think it’s fair to say these would need replacing due to the time it’s been stood. The OSF wheel bearing has collapsed so it can make moving the car around a little more difficult.
Any serious enquires then please do get in touch, I am based in Warrington, Cheshire.
I can help with delivery of both cars and parts.
I have decided to part ways with my Clio 172, I am looking to move on to either a Mk2 or Mk3 Renault Sport Megane but also open to the possibility of any other Renault Sport Clio or Megane. The car had a cambelt service on 19/01/2022 so is good for another 4 years. Car is in Warrington, Cheshire. 1. Registered ...
- 8 Aug 2023
2000 RenaultSport Clio II 2.0 16v 172 Phase 1, original Portuguese license plate in excellent condition. With an excellent chassis, a 172bhp 2-liter engine, 5-speed manual gearbox and a markedly sporty look, this RenaultSport Clio II is everything you want in a hot hatch! Vehicle in increasing appreciation. ========= All ...
- 30 Aug 2023
1994 Renault Clio Williams.? Original Portuguese license plate vehicle in original condition, with 135,000 kilometres. Interiors in very good condition and original paint with signs of use. Mechanics taken care of. Original radio, two keys and user manuals. In May 1993, Renault launched the Clio Williams, a limited ...
- 19 Jul 2023
Renault Clio 2.0 RS from 2001. Engine 1998cc and 172hp. Manual gearbox. 2 Doors and 5 seats. With complete mechanical overhaul as well as revised paintwork. Equipped with: Automatic AC. Automatic central lock. Electric windows. The model presented to us is in perfect functional condition. The price in euros is ...
- 15 Aug 2023
A fantastic Phase 2 example boasting only 1 registered keeper and just 40k miles from new. DEPOSIT TAKEN - SIMILAR REQUIRED /// Please get in contact if you are thinking of selling a similar classic or sports car. EQUIPMENT Pearl Black metallic paintwork, Grey leather upholstery, 15-inch Speedline alloy wheels, ...
- 17 Sep 2023
This lot will be auctioned via Classic Car Auctions, The Autumn Sale 2023 on Saturday the 30th of September, Warwickshire Event Centre, CV31 1XN. A UK-delivered, right-hand drive, first-generation Clio Williams, number 337 of only 390 Just one exterior colour was offered for the Williams 1 – ‘449’ Metallic Sports ...
- 12 Sep 2023