- Carefully catalogued restoration process following import from California in 1990
- Presented in very good overall condition mechanically and cosmetically
- Performs strongly out on the road and is a real joy to drive
The second iteration of the three ‘Big Healeys’, the 100/6 proved itself to be amongst the most capable sports cars of the 1950s and continues to be revered to this day as an icon of the British car industry.
Presented in charming, usable condition, this 1959 example was imported from California in 1990, restored and used sparingly ever since. The vendor informs us that it performs strongly and is ready to be used and enjoyed.
The History and Paperwork
- Imported from California and registered here in the UK in 1990
- Fully restored mechanically and cosmetically soon after import
- Supplied to the last owner by the highly respected Rawles - Austin Healey specialist
- The previous owner had the car for 11 years
- Official heritage certificate
- Copious amounts of paperwork supplied with the car
- Superb record of invoices and receipts over the last 30 years
- Now maintained by Mulsanne motors in Dalkeith, Edinburgh
- Nicely weathered in since restoration
- Original period correct specification
- Instrumentation all in working order
The interior of this Healey has settled down nicely over the last 32 years. The navy blue leather seats wear a delightful smattering of patina which complements the condition of the remainder of the car. The dashboard too, has weathered in nicely and the same goes for the switchgear, which presents well and, according to the vendor, functions impeccably.
The carpets are in very good condition all round, with minimal wear we could see. The car also comes equipped with a period Smiths heater, adding to its versatility as a year-round tourer.
Inside the boot, everything appears to be in good order including the spare wheel and assorted tools for changing wheels.
- 1959 original specification
- Original wire wheels
- All badges present
The Austin looks extremely sharp and is really fetching in its period blue colour scheme. Upon close inspection, there are a few blemishes including some paint lifting along seams and some surface rust appearing along the leading edges of the sills and lower bodywork.
The vendor advises that these blemishes are fairly superficial and could be tidied up with a little attention here and there. The brightwork presents extremely well with some light patination and we particularly like the spot lamps.
The wire wheels are shod with period Continental Contact tyres all round and look to be very smart.
The convertible is apparently in good order and removable side screens are included.
A glance underneath reveals the chassis components to be in good order and the vendor tells us that it is very solid.
- Holds excellent temperatures and pressures
- Recently serviced and MOT tested
- New wiring loom fitted
The vendor informs us that this 100/6 is fantastic to drive, with plenty of power and a strong chassis that inspires confidence. Under the bonnet, the 2,639cc engine looks very clean and runs very smoothly with its twin SU carbs.
The gearbox has four forward gears and an overdrive, which we are told functions correctly. With disc brakes on the front, we understand the car also stops promptly in a straight line.
It is regularly serviced by Mulsanne motors in Dalkeith, Edinburgh and is therefore a healthy specimen, ready to be used and enjoyed.
Having been restored and judiciously attended to since, this Iconic Austin Healey 100/6 remains as elegant and sporty as it was in 1959.
Utterly delightful to drive, this ‘Big Healey’ is certainly one to consider adding to your garage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions