- Genuine JDM spec car
- Resprayed and engine rebuilt in 2020
- 158hp 1.6-litre twin-cam
- Five-speed manual transmission
- NCT to July 2024
Small, perfectly proportioned and with an absolute peach of an engine, the JDM spec CRX SiR is a truly wonderful little machine. Offering the kind of rev-hungry VTEC performance that the marque is famous for, this particular engine was never made available in this state of tune outside of Japan.
Imported to Ireland in 2021 after a comprehensive bodywork and mechanical restoration in 2020, this delightful little coupé is a genuine charmer, and ready to offer its new owner a lot of fun. That little 1.6-litre twin-cam revs eagerly and pushes out a very healthy 158hp in this JDM spec – more than enough to make this one tonne car a riot on the roads. It also benefits from rare "Moondust Pearl" paintwork, which looks excellent.
If you fancy something with a dash of retro cool and heaps of driver involvement, then you won’t do much better than this JDM hero.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in 1991 in Japan
- Exported to New Zealand
- The car sat in dry storage for 10 years until it was restored in 2020
- Invoices totalling over $7,000NZ, detailing the engine rebuild
- Purchased by the current owner and imported to Ireland in January 2021
- Complete with Irish registration documents
- Recent NCT government test - valid to July 2024
- 149,914Km indicated
- Original half black leather sports seats, with grey corded velour inserts which have orange accents
- The seat bolsters are showing some significant wear, with the driver’s bolsters being split and cracked
- Air conditioning said to work perfectly
- Grey carpets with original EF8 Honda floor mats, all in good order
- Central locking and AVS five-star alarm
- Electric window and door mirrors
- Modern JVC CD/radio with Bluetooth and Auxiliary connection
- There is a light and warm patina to all the internal trim and switchgear
- Professionally resprayed in original rare original Honda colour "Moondust Pearl" (NH-551P) in 2020
- Paintwork is in very good condition, with a fine gloss and no notable marks or blemishes
- All the bodywork is straight and tidy, with no corrosion or dents we could see
- Standard factory-fit ‘bronze’ glass
- New rubber roof seals have been fitted
- The underside is very clean and tidy, with no corrosion evident and no damage we could see
- Set of original alloy wheels 'Aero Silver' was sourced and fitted, and are shod with tyres which appear to have plenty of tread
- The wheels wear a few marks, scuffs and some light blistering, but are perfectly usable
- JDM spec B16A engine
- 1.6-litre DOHC VTEC four-cylinder
- Engine rebuilt professionally by ‘Honda Torque Performance’ in New Zealand in 2020
- When the engine was rebuilt, the engine bay wiring was also overhauled and checked
- New radiator and clutch
- All new suspension components
- Five-speed manual transmission
- No modifications other than a stainless steel induction pipe and performance cone filter, which is easily reversible
- The vendor tells us that the car is “mechanically perfect” and wants for nothing
The second generation CRX is already a rare car in Europe, which makes this JDM spec version even more desirable. Dainty proportions, handsome styling, a rare colour and thrilling performance make this a great driver’s car – one that’s presented here in overall very fine condition.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions