- Brazilian Bay professionally converted to a camper by Danbury
- Leather seats and £1,000 stereo system
- Smart camper in desirable colour combination with BRM Speedwell alloys
- Long MOT to June 2024 with no advisories
- Pop up roof
Volkswagen evergreen classic camper stayed in production in Brazil much longer than anywhere else in the world. Known as the Brazilian Bay, UK imports and conversion of these final edition T2s meant classic camper enthusiasts could combine those cool aesthetics with a brand new build.
Famed camper-converted Danbury established a steady business converting these buses to campers for UK buyers.
This 2004 conversion combines all the practical advantages of Danbury’s work with attractive light blue and white bodywork finished off with BRM Speedwell alloys. With a long MOT, chunky sound system and good all round condition, it looks ready for a road trip.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 10th February 2004
- We are told that there is some history with the van
- Bought by the vendor from Brazilian Bays, the specialist in these vehicles
- Vendor states that it has been regularly serviced by a VW specialist
- Acquired by the vendor on 2nd June 2020
- HPI records indicate that it was originally all white but resprayed two-tone in June 2020
- Equipped with alarm and immobiliser
- Generally good condition but with some age-related marks
- Pleated black leather seats and rear bench
- Vendor states that it is fitted with a £1,000 sound system
- Pop up roof with some staining visible
- Electrical sockets throughout
- Fire extinguisher
- Stainless steel sink
- Fridge cleverly located under food preparation area
- Two hob gas cooker
- Various storage areas
- Grey Formica cabinets in good condition and reflecting Danbury storage ingenuity
- Table with some marks around base
- Dashboard in fair condition
- Storage area under rear bench seat
- Bed area at back of van
- Classic two tone paintwork combining light blue and white
- Appears to have been repainted prior to the current owner acquiring it
- Lowered suspension with stylish BRM Speedwell alloy wheels
- Bodywork is generally very solid with no visible bubbling on body
- Some areas of rust staining particularly on rain channels
- Fitted with a tow bar
- Small bubble of corrosion on the spare wheel cover
- Underseal is flaking in places
- Underside appears solid and no advisories on latest MOT
- 1.6litre air cooled Volkswagen engine
- 4spd manual gearbox
- New battery fitted in August 2023
- Serviced by a Volkswagen specialist according to the vendor
No camper van has ever quite caught the world’s imagination quite like the Volkswagen T2. Immediately recognisable, it has been creating joy wherever it goes since the 1960s. Thanks to production continuing in Brazil and enterprising UK companies like Danbury, classic camper enthusiasts could continue to enjoy brand new vans well into the new century.
This van has a desirable Danbury conversion and is in a popular colour combination. Well preserved and with a long MOT it looks ready to fire up and head off on a new adventure.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only*.** Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.*
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions