Vendor supplied images
- Genuine Autobiography
- Great Oxford Blue paintwork
- Powerful 4.6-litre V8 engine
- Refurbished Mondial wheels
It’s always difficult replacing a successful, groundbreaking new model. But when Land Rover introduced the P38 to take over carrying the baton from the original Range Rover, they struck the delicate balance between updating the design, innovating new features and staying true to the original concept.
The P38 offered for sale here is finished in the smart shade of Oxford Blue and this theme is continued in the interior, which features two-tone leather seats. It is in good condition throughout, with its paint exhibiting a deep shine and the leather interior having received some repair work and has had a new headlining fitted.
The vendor tells us that they will supply this Range Rover with a year’s MOT, and that there is extensive service history available. In any case, we’re sure the car’s commanding road presence and V8 rumble will provide many miles of enjoyment for its next custodian.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered 12th January 1998
- The car will be supplied with a full year’s MOT
- Comes with two keys
- All original owner’s manuals
- Full service history available
- Two tone ‘Oxford’ seats in Light Stone and Oxford Blue
- Some minor repairs to the leather have reportedly been completed
- New headlining fitted
- ‘Autobiography’ wood veneer pack
- Some cracks in the lacquer
- Electrically adjustable front seats with memory settings
- Door cards clean and tidy
- Wood and leather steering wheel
- Headlining clean and secure
- Original radio/cassette player
- Dual zone climate control - untested
- Well appointed dashboard
- Carpets clean and tidy
- Heated seats
- The timeless Range Rover styling has aged well
- The Oxford Blue paintwork appears to be in good condition throughout
- No chips or blemishes reported
- The ‘Mondial’ alloy wheels have been refurbished
- They are shod with nearly new tyres
- The lamp lenses appear clear and bright
- Headlamp wipers add some retro appeal
- All the exterior trim is present and correct
- 4,554cc V8 petrol engine produces 222 bhp
- Automatic transmission with Sport and Manual modes
- Selectable low range gears
- The vendor tells us that the car will come with a full year’s MOT
- Coil-sprung suspension
- The engine and gearbox are thought to be original to the car
- Said to change gear very nicely
- No reported oil or fluid leaks
- It has recently had its fluids changed
- The ball joints, drag links and track rod ends will reportedly be changed before sale
A great example of the ever-popular Range Rover P38, which is looking great for its 25 years.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
UK-registered cars and motorbikes on Car & Classic are run through an online HPI check. On the HPI report, this vehicle shows no insurance database markers for damage or theft. It is currently not covered by a finance agreement.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions