This particular car was purchased from a long time owner some 10 years ago. It has been enjoyed by the family on a variety of events throughout Ireland, including competitive events with the Ulster Vintage Car Club, Austin 7 outings and for general enjoyment. The car also featured in the 2018 film ‘Vita and Virginia’, as Virginia and Leonard Woolf’s car.
The car is in excellent condition and ready to be enjoyed by its new owner, We have gone over the car and inspected it in full replacing the windscreen, fitted a new battery and performed a complete oil change.
– Type: Water-cooled inline 4-cylinder
– Displacement: Approximately 747 cc (0. 75 litres)
– Power Output: Around 10-20 horsepower, producing a top Speed of about 40-50 mph
– Carburetion: Single SU carburettor
– Manual transmission with three forward gears and reverse
– Non-synchronized gearbox (double-declutching required for smooth gear changes)
Suspension and Steering:
– Front Suspension: Solid axle with semi-elliptical leaf springs
– Rear Suspension: Live rear axle with quarter-elliptical leaf springs
– Steering: Worm and sector type steering mechanism
– Mechanical brakes on all four wheels (a common feature for cars of this era)
– Handbrake operates on the rear wheels
Body and Chassis:
– Body Style: Open-top roadster (Chummy), two-seater
– Chassis: Steel ladder frame construction
– Weight: Approximately 850 kg (1875 lbs)
Car & Classic Auctions
Professionally restored and uprated to 1389 cc 515 miles ago
11th December 19:15
Timewarp car with a highly attractive colour scheme
12th December 19:45
Exceptionally original one-owner car with 36,835 miles
14th December 13:00
Arriving soon at The Garage! 1928 Austin Seven RK Saloon The...
1962 Mk1 Austin Mini 1293 Turbo For sale is my Cooper S...
Heritage Mk4 mini shell, in as new condition. Purchased...
Classic Mini 1000. MOT 29/2/24. Restored over the last few...
Austin 16, 1948 with 2200cc engine, lovely original...
Austin Mini Van 850cc. The van is in Excellent condition...
mini 30 in black, this car has had a full refurb, body...
Only 10 left on the road according to howmanyleft.com. Has...
Austin Cooper 1275 Mk1 'Works' Rally Replica. Accurate...
Unique and very rare opportunity to buy which has got to be...
1959 Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite in Leaf Green restored in...