- Very low mileage at just 26,906
- Highly original throughout
- Just serviced with an oil and filter change
The Triumph Spitfire must be one of the most quintessential British sports cars ever made. Instantly recognisable and with an enthusiastic owners community these British classics are as desirable today as they were when they first launched.
This MK IV looks gorgeous finished in yellow and presents well overall with some room for improvement. The current owner is providing a large number of replacement parts with the car, from new shocks to the rocker cover and lots in between. In highly original condition and with less than 27,000 miles on the clock it’s a fantastic opportunity to enjoy one of these great cars.
The History and Paperwork
- V5 Present and correct
- MOT and tax exempt
- A selection of historic MOT’s and invoices
- Owners manual
- Recently serviced with an invoice dated August this year
- Very good condition throughout
- Highly original
- Both seats show very little visible wear and are in very good condition
- Dashboard, dials and centre console presents excellently
- Headlining and carpets are in very good condition and present well
- Door cards are in very good condition
- Trim is in overall good condition
- The car comes with new carpets still in the packaging
Sliding down behind the metal and leather wheel of this Spitfire you instantly get a sense of why these cars have continued to be so popular for so long. The low slung driving position and long bonnet stretching out ahead of you provide a true sportscar feel to this British classic.
The black carpeting and dashboard are both in good condition with all of the dials presenting very well. The seats show little signs of wear and the interior of the car presents very well overall, with the new carpets that the current owner is supplying with the car fitted it will look fantastic.
The seats provide a surprisingly comfortable ride that few modern sports cars could match and coupled with the low driving position and overall design of the interior it makes for a car that’s perfect for enjoying the best of the British roads.
- Finished in yellow with a black stripe
- Very good overall condition
- Some minor imperfections as shown in the images
- Brightwork presents well
- Windows, light lenses, badges and trim all present very well
- All four original steel wheels present very well
- The car comes with new replacement mirrors for both sides, new tonneau cover,
The MK IV Spitfire is a fantastic looking car from any angle and looks particularly good in yellow with the black stripe. The yellow paintwork is generally in very good condition and with some minor improvements could be made fantastic. With all of the original badges and trim, combined with the original Triumph steel wheels this highly original Spitfire looks simply gorgeous.
Whilst the car already looks great, with the addition of the new exterior parts the vendor is supplying with the car it will look even better. The yellow paintwork suits the shape of the Spitfire perfectly and makes for a great looking car. All of the brightwork is in very good condition and the badges, light lenses and windows all present very well.
- Just serviced including an oil and filter change
- Starts easily and idles well
- The 1,296cc engine sounds fantastic
- Comes with a large range of replacements parts including: new rocker cover, exhaust manifold (used), new shocks, new front springs, new hose set, new suspension top plates, and replacement used front suspension arms
- Engine bay appears to be in generally good condition with room for improvement to bring it to the standard of the rest of the car
The Spitfire starts easily with a turn of the key and sounds fantastic with no unusual noises that we could hear. Well presented, highly original, low mileage, just serviced and provided with a large range of new parts this Spitfire presents a great opportunity to acquire one of these excellent cars that’s ready to drive or for an easy light restoration project. The owner informs us that the car drives exactly as it should, pulling well in all gears and shifting smoothly.
The Triumph Spitfire is one of the all time classic British sports cars and this one with its very low mileage, extensive spare parts, highly original condition and fantastic colour makes for the perfect opportunity to see for yourself why they are so well loved.