- Highly sought after 1R model
- Heavily patinated original bodywork and chassis
- Recent mechanical overhaul and service
- A fascinating piece of agricultural and automotive history
Born into a farming family and riding the wave of Italy’s post-war economic boom, Ferruccio Lamborghini directed his attention and natural aptitude for engineering into tractor production.
It would, of course, take a dispute with Mr Ferrari to spawn the Lamborghini’s motoring division, but none of this would have been possible without Feruccio’s success as a builder of fine agricultural machinery.
Here we have a charming early example of Lamborghini’s 1R distinguished by its oval alloy front badge. Following a long working life, this tractor proudly wears innumerable battle scars but remains in good mechanical order. Recently serviced and driving well, this would be a great example to preserve, restore or even display. As a historical artefact, we think this 1R is as significant and interesting as any of Lamborghini’s cars and the fact that it still works is testament to Lamborghini’s engineering prowess.
The History and Paperwork
- First registered in Italy in 1962
- The remnants of a tractor registration plate remain affixed to the grill
- 2019 Revisione paperwork present
- Recently serviced
- Heavily patinated paintwork - likely to be original
- New tyres and inner tubes front and rear
- New headlamps
- Modern trailer-style tail lamps fitted
- The instrumentation will now require restoration as much of it is illegible
- The vendor points out a little rust in the lower portion of the wings
- Some rudimentary repairs have been carried out over the years as befits a working vehicle
- In spite of the innumerable blemishes, the tin work is quite straight overall and seemingly complete
- The chassis, gearbox and axle casings all look to be very sound and in good order, beneath the patination
- 1.5-litre twin-cylinder diesel
- Bosch mechanical fuel injection
- Currently, the mechanical brakes are inoperative
- Recent service
- New oils, filters and some pipe work
- Front axle bearings replaced
- New seals in the rear axle
- Starts well and runs smoothly
- Selects all gears and power takeoff
- Drives very well
This is a fabulous tractor that remains in good working order even after all these years of service. If you’re lucky enough to be this Lamborghini’s next owner, it’s up to you whether to restore its well worn bodywork or simply enjoy it as is. If you’re interested in Lamborghini's history, this is a must-have for your collection.
Notice to bidders
This item is sold on an ‘As is Where is’ basis. The condition of this item is the opinion of the seller and may differ from your own opinion. Photos and listing descriptions are for guidance purposes only. Car & Classic do not warrant listing accuracy. Full inspection is recommended. Viewings are at the seller’s discretion. Buyer is responsible for delivery and collection of any item purchased.
A non-refundable buyer’s deposit is payable on this item, refer to FAQs and T&Cs for the applicable percentage.
Please see our FAQs
and our Terms & Conditions